• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ZV6 Stock_Rooted_Updated

Check your software version in *About phone*. You should be able to flash radio image after.
I also went directly from zv4 stock rooted to zv6. Phone lost root so stifled through that process as well. *ONE CLICK ROOT FOR LG VOLT* simplified the process.
Appears that the FM radio hardware got disabled since the update. Spirit radio crashes and other FM apps no longer work.

Screenshot_2016-06-21-14-26-31.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks, finally was able to use my phone again.

However, I have 2 problems:
1). Is the zv6 radio for FM radio or cellular? I flashed to zv6 first, then flashed the radio zip afterwards? Did I do it wrong because I did it in a different order? I installed nextradio app from the play store and I get an FM radio hardware error.

1). It's constantly switching down to 3g from 4g LTE. I thought this was a problem I was having because I had zv4 and OTA updates were not taking for me. This was not the case after all. Anyone experience this too? I'm on R+ and have other phones that work well, so signal in my location shouldn't be an issue.

Upvote 0
The radio update is definately a cell patch/fix. Not sure if it has anything to do with the FM band. A worthy question, however. Others have commented that zv6 broke FM.
I'm tempted to revert back to zv4 and flash forward to zv6 without the zv6 radio patch to see if that enables the FM radio.. It's a bummer loosing that.
What does your Baseband version show in About phone?
Try doing a PRL and profile update for LTE fix.
You could also try pulling the battery while the phone is powered on.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones