• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ZVB vs ZVD root

supersalvo

Oct 27, 2011
So i came across this site looking for information to root my esteem, AWESOME info here btw. I went ahead and rooted my phone (with zvb) to have more battery life. Now i am wondering if it would would be would there be a big improvement if i upgraded to rooted ZVD, i got a big improvement when i started running gingersteem zvb. Would there be a noticeable difference if i went from zvb to zvd root? Would i need to unroot and then install zvd and then reroot the phone?

Thanks

So i came across this site looking for information to root my esteem, AWESOME info here btw. I went ahead and rooted my phone (with zvb) to have more battery life. Now i am wondering if it would would be would there be a big improvement if i upgraded to rooted ZVD, i got a big improvement when i started running gingersteem zvb. Would there be a noticeable difference if i went from zvb to zvd root? Would i need to unroot and then install zvd and then reroot the phone?

Thanks

You don't need to unroot to upgrade to zvd but you will have to root again after. #2 rom is zvd and it has great battery life and performance, I highly recommend it :thumbup:

Sent from my typewriter.

Reactions: supersalvo
Upvote 0

Thanks

As far as any noticeable differences, from a "look" stand point there are several more themes for ZVD than ZVB, from a performance stand point it can varie per device so you would have to try it yourself.

You would need to upgrade to ZVD, it will unroot you, so you will need to root again.

You can always go back to ZVB if you don't like ZVD.

Refer to the ATR for further details.

Reactions: supersalvo
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones