• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ZVE Baseband

well in order to get our hands on the new system, it needs to be rooted first :D

and if I remember correctly.. LG takes their time to release the kernel sources so it could still be a bumpy road.. ill take a look into getting root but im not going to chance bricking someone's phone lol so hopefully "god" is watching over us ;)

Upvote 0
well in order to get our hands on the new system, it needs to be rooted first :D

and if I remember correctly.. LG takes their time to release the kernel sources so it could still be a bumpy road.. ill take a look into getting root but im not going to chance bricking someone's phone lol so hopefully "god" is watching over us ;)
lol I went back to factory cuz im not gonna keep breaking my head with this root stuff xD im switching to Verizon or Sprint soon and get the S4 as im leaving to Basic Training. Goodbye Metro!! :D:D:D:D:D

Upvote 0
ok some new info, my wife likes the way here phone was set up and the rom it was on so I tried to restore the back up I made right before updating.

during boot it froze the boot animation required I hold the power button til it turned off.
I rebooted and took a logcat of the process. here is the logcat if anyone is interested to see it.

http://localserver.no-ip.biz/Public/Esteem logcat zve restore to black plague rom.txt

Upvote 0
Some more New info for any that are curious.

I had made a back up of the rooted zve obviously after restoring that and having it boot fine I went back to twrp recovery and restore the rom only this time I decided to uncheck the boot and system so only restored data.

it rebooted and everything was back the way it was supposed to be, but the power menu did not include the restart or recovery options, as expected.

So after making a back up of the way that was I decided to go back and restore just the system portion of the old back up, now it boots into zve and the rom + data is all back the way she likes it.

Upvote 0
What rom are u using for this zve cause the zve doesn't work no data the only thing zve works with is the aio root . The 2311 root and clockwork touch..also if u chose to try the cm10 with the this new zve . Give u a heads up when u get back to the stock zve it will do a boot loop and u will have to downgrade with the lgpnst to recover the phone :D:eek: so u if u try and bootloop . Lgpnst is the way to go .

Upvote 0
What rom are u using for this zve cause the zve doesn't work no data the only thing zve works with is the aio root . The 2311 root and clockwork touch..also if u chose to try the cm10 with the this new zve . Give u a heads up when u get back to the stock zve it will do a boot loop and u will have to downgrade with the lgpnst to recover the phone :D:eek: so u if u try and bootloop . Lgpnst is the way to go .
The phone is my wifes so I dont want to change things up she is not happy if I do:(

However she has been on black plague rom on zvd for a long time I upgraded using lg tool to zve it obviously removed twrp recovery and root.
I used twrp recovery bat file, which uses adb to push twrp to the phone. So anyway at that point I had custom recovery and unrooted rom on the phone.

I used the flashable root zip to push root onto the rom and then I was rooted.
At that point I used the restore part to restore the rom as it was before I updated to zve that caused it to fail, as the kernel was not compatible.
So I restored the rooted zve and then just restored data from the other, that worked.

I then restored the system partition but over a 8 hour period I lost wifi connectivity and mobile data. so I restored the zve rooted and just left it with her data restored but not black plague rom system folder.

Upvote 0
I kind of get what u did but if u try to mix rom and data that maybe the issue . But all of the old roms or builds dont work. The gse and a few others like the number2 . But if you dont have data you may want to use the lgpnst to do a downgrade .and try again
No everything is working now, its running on the new baseband, and stock rom with all her data and settings.

Upvote 0
Does anyone have a link to update to the new ZVE baseband? My husband and I both have had the esteem (metro pcs) phone for about 2 years and now all of a sudden we most of the time have no 3G, 4G or LTE speed! we've noticed it in the last 2 months maybe?!?! I'm assuming our phones are rooted b/c we have never done anything different to it but update it. we are currently working on the ZVD baseband! Please help :thinking::thinking:

Upvote 0
Does anyone have a link to update to the new ZVE baseband? My husband and I both have had the esteem (metro pcs) phone for about 2 years and now all of a sudden we most of the time have no 3G, 4G or LTE speed! we've noticed it in the last 2 months maybe?!?! I'm assuming our phones are rooted b/c we have never done anything different to it but update it. we are currently working on the ZVD baseband! Please help :thinking::thinking:
I used lgupdater, connect to the computer and it will download and update the phone.
lgupdater is from lg you can check the lg website.

Upvote 0
I know I'm just missing something, but I got trwp working on the esteem now what do i do once it is on the screen? Is there a file I need to flash to get root? Sorry if this is obvious, but I need help!
you need to download a recovery flashable super user zip.

Which what depends on you, I used chainfire's SuperSU found it on xda forums.

Reactions: ternest
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones