• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ZVE Rom SGalaxy

Hello and welcome to the forums . I see your having trouble with updating apps .following these steps will help you wih updating your playstore app.

1. Open the Google Play Store app. 2. Touch Menu > My Apps to view your downloaded apps. Apps with available updates are labeled "Update."

Note: If you’re using a tablet, you may need to touch Downloads to view your downloaded apps. 3. Select individual apps to update or touch Update all to download all available updates.

Automatically update apps

1. Open the Google Play Store app. 2. Touch Menu > My Apps to view your downloaded apps. Apps with available updates are labeled "Update."

Note: If you’re using a tablet, you may need to touch Downloads to view your downloaded apps. 3. Select the app you want to update. 4. Touch Menu > Auto-update.

When checked, the app will update automatically when updates are available.

On My Apps, you can also touch "Update All" to download available updates for apps that you’ve downloaded. If prompted when downloading an app, you can also select OK to update an app automatically when on Wi-Fi.

Automatically update apps on Wi-Fi only

If you have a mobile data (3G/4G) plan, you can choose to automatically update apps over Wi-Fi only. Updating apps on Wi-Fi can help lower your mobile data usage on your device.

1. Open the Google Play Store app. 2. Touch Menu > Settings. 3. Under General, select Auto-update apps. 4. Select Auto-update apps over Wi-Fi only.

Make sure your device is set up to use a Wi-Fi connection by visiting Settings > Wi-Fi on your device.

To update Play store app . First go into the manage apps scroll to the all aps located at the top . When on all apps scroll down to the Google playstore app. Now you want to clear cache first.Next clear app data . Now exit out scroll up to google framework apk now clear the app data . Next power off Device for 25-30 seconds . Power back on let phone settle for 40seconds when powered on . Next open application for playstore will say retry just go into manage apps and goto all apps and wipe the data of the playstore back out and it should be working . Try to use with wifi so it can update at a fast pace .

Now that's one thorough TuT...

I think homeboy was talking about the latest Build of "Google Play store"
Build version can be found by hitting settings, and build version.

Chances are, this rom comes with an old version of play that has been themed, and updates are disabled so the theme is not lost.

Now I honestly could never figure out how to prevent play from updating. The script may even be in the Google framework apk. Not too sure.

If this is the case, and the method listed above does not work, you may download the latest apk if someone has it posted, or pull the vending.apk out of another rom's zip file, and replace your existing.

You can use any old stock vending apk for the esteem. As long as it is stock/unmolested.... it should automatically update to latest version after first use.

Good luck

Let me know what happens, I'm curious.

Upvote 0
MS 910 ZVE OCB 3 OC kernel working on this ROM with only one reboot.
wifi tether working as LG Optimus S, auto, reload driver on.
ads were from ics battery widget.
just gotta figure out how to change that stock grey background w that cartoon-like guy that seems to pop up all over the place.
Loving this ROM! Ty dev!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones