• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help ¿Is there a way to auto sync my smart band statistics with an app (long term)?

semental

Lurker
Jun 19, 2012
I own a "XIAOMI MI BAND 4" (but I’m not asking specifically for that band. I want to upgrade it in the future).

The band has an internal record of my activity, also it sync with my android app (first I used the official app, now I’m using the incredible gadgetbridge).

But for what I can see, that log doesn´t go further than a week I think.

And what i want, is to keep statistics of my activity, sleep, heart rate etc. for a larger time, months, years, maybe unlimited.

I don’t think that would result in a heavy database file, it´s all plain text.

By having that records, I could have better statistics of my progress.

It also would be great if i can keep that statistics when I change my band; I mean, to keep the sleep, activity, heart rate etc. between bands. I´m talking about an open database format.

There’s an export function on the app, but it has to be manual, so I have to remind every week to export the file.

Anyway, I can't find any app that can import that file and generate its own larger open database.

¿is there an app, service, or web that can auto (or manually) do what I want?

Thanks in advance

Google Fit is positioned to be an aggregator of fitness data from other platforms, so it seems like it would directly address your need.

It does require that app developers implement a connection to the Google Fit API within their app, though - so it sounds like GadgetBridge would need to implement support for Google Fit in their app.

Alternatively, there are some apps like HealthSync which can bridge the gap between platforms which don't directly support each other. I use that for getting data from some other apps into Google Fit.

Upvote 0
Google Fit is positioned to be an aggregator of fitness data from other platforms, so it seems like it would directly address your need.

It does require that app developers implement a connection to the Google Fit API within their app, though - so it sounds like GadgetBridge would need to implement support for Google Fit in their app.

Alternatively, there are some apps like HealthSync which can bridge the gap between platforms which don't directly support each other. I use that for getting data from some other apps into Google Fit.

Thanks for your answer

I´ll try HealthSync and if it doesn´t work i guess i´ll have to go back to the official myfit.

I´ll post my experience later

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones