• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 1 phone not connecting, other rebooting

anjulka

Lurker
Aug 4, 2010
Our Samsung Moment phones are about 3 months old, and both are having seriously annoying issues right now. Please help?

At least once a day, when someone calls me or I call someone else, I can't hear anything, even the dialing. When I call back, sometimes it sounds like I got some completely different person. The third time, it usually connects properly. This started before I installed the last 2 updates. Anyone have this problem or know how to fix it?

My partner's phone has started rebooting randomly about every other day. This started with the most recent update. Common side effect of the update? Is there any fix?

Any suggestion would be appreciate. Thanks.

-anjulka

On the first phone try, Settings > About phone > System Updates > Update Profile and Update PRL.

On the second phone, do you use any Task killer app? In any case try power off/on the device and also clear cache in Browser (Menu > More > Settings > Clear cache), and cache in other apps (Settings > Applications > Manage applications > ...)

Upvote 0
Thank you for replying, momentoid.

For the first phone, I updated both of those and powered off/on, but I'm still having the same problem. Any other ideas?

Second phone, yes, it has ATK. (Actually both phones do.) Cache cleared, so far so good on rebooting. Won't know for sure for a couple more days.

Upvote 0
Try a couple more things: - uninstall ATK and monitor performance for a few days. - pull the battery and reinstall it.

Have you ruled out phone-1's problem is not due to the location from where you make/receive a call? I mean phone-2 does not have connecting problem from the same location as phone-1.

Either way, make sure the problems are not due to some installed app. When all else fails, call Sprint tech support to verify provisioning for phone-1.

Reactions: anjulka
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones