• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 1.x Android Bluetooth Question

D

Deleted User

I've seen some posts and articles online concerning the fact that the Droid does not have full handsfree (bluetooth) voice dialing. Bluetooth works, but calls must be initiated by physically unlocking the screen and then pressing either voice search or voice dial icons, rather than being able to start the process by simply pressing the call button on the headset.
My question is this- Do the earlier versions of Android (or other Android phones) have full handsfree support? Just curious... with many states passing laws requiring handsfree phone use, I would think that this would be a priority for google and the carriers.

I've seen some posts and articles online concerning the fact that the Droid does not have full handsfree (bluetooth) voice dialing. Bluetooth works, but calls must be initiated by physically unlocking the screen and then pressing either voice search or voice dial icons, rather than being able to start the process by simply pressing the call button on the headset.
My question is this- Do the earlier versions of Android (or other Android phones) have full handsfree support? Just curious... with many states passing laws requiring handsfree phone use, I would think that this would be a priority for google and the carriers.

Moved this post to the Droid forum .....

None of the ANDROID from G1 forward have what can be called full BT support for all BT devices ....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones