• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

128gb model is Back Ordered???? (Verizon)

TBH, I wouldn't be too upset about delays. The first batch of S6 Edge phones were of questionable quality, and at least now, QA is probably on Samsung's ass trying to fix things before the problems get too expensive.

That being said, Verizon likely isn't going to ship things out that much earlier. Demand for the Edge is really high, and Samsung produced a very small number of them. Ramping up production takes time. And then after that, Verizon needs to put in extra, useless shit inside for us to enjoy. That and 128 GB models aren't as popular usually, leading to lower stock overall.

Upvote 0
I ordered a Gold/Platinum 128G S6 Edge on April 16 and got an email that it is back ordered until 5/17. I just had a chat session with VzW and the agent (human or otherwise) said that it is still out of stock and would only say that it might ship earlier if "stock fills up." Ooof, waiting over a month for this latest and greatest phone is annoying. I've got an HTC One (M7) and HATE the camera. I want the S6 NOW so I don't have to live with the barely functional camera on my HTC. That curved OMLED display will also be a nice upgrade. But PLEASE ship it already!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones