• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 2.1 Start-up screen

Does this put all of the original 1.5 STARTUP back on the phone?

Thanks, Ladies and Gentlemen

No. It is similar, but not the same. The Sprint logo is not included. The above animation is only the HTC and Hero logos with the waving Android.

However, if you download it and browse through the pics, you will see how easy it is to edit to add/remove whatever you want.

Upvote 0
There's plenty of discussion in another forum about customizing boot animation. You can even do it without root access, just need to push your custom bootanimation.zip file to /data/local directory using adb. If you have root access, you can replace the sprint default boot animation located in /system/media/. Just do a google search for bootanimation.zip and you will see plenty of instructions and ready made boot animations. I'm actually in the process of creating my own custom boot too. I miss the android waiving. I also like to see it back.

How do I do that^^^bolded up there? I am rooted and what is adb?

Upvote 0

I read that and I also googled and found some great step by step instructions for installing SDK on my computer. There are so many steps and entering codes and stuff.:eek: Def not something I feel ready to attempt. I will just keep the current boot animation until an app comes along. There is one in the market but I couldn't get it to work for my Hero. :(

Upvote 0
For those people who miss the original 1.5 boot animation with htc and hero android animation, I've created one for 2.1. Just push using adb to /data/local/ so you keep your original 2.1 boot animation in case you don't like this one.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6886218/bootanimation.zip

For some strange reason, that download turns out to be the 2.1 animation. What could I be missing? :thinking: I know I'm using Root Explorer correctly because I successfully loaded the scribble one. I really wanted the waving guy from 1.5 though. Anyone else having this happen to them?

Edited to say nevermind. I cleared the cache and it's perfect! I'm so happy to have the little guy back again. I like this even better than the original one.:D

:thinking: ALSO: Does anyone know where the ugly yellow HTC file is located? I'd love to replace that with almost anything else.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones