• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 2.2 changes, can't connect to 4G

Lavaboy

Lurker
Mar 24, 2011
Wassup, newbie here but been reading awhile. Ok, I took the over the air firmware 2.21 from sprint. I can't keep 4G connected, called sprint, they said its a bug and can be fixed. Text msg app changed with nice colorful bubbles, smilies on first menu great! But Now text msgs appear in call logs. What a pain in the ass to sift through all recents to look for a number. Phone orientation changed too. It goes 360 degrees and its slow too whereever you want it to stay. I liked the samsung keyboard. I took it back to sprint and went back to 2.1. Btw, sprint pulled downt the update.

Now I like the text msg format but don't like the intergration in call logs. Is there a another app just like it? Point me please, other than Handcent or GoSms. I just like the colorful bubbles nothing fancy but works.

When going back to 2.1 I think my orientation got screwed. With it enabled isn't it suppose to change horizontally without having to slide open the keyboard? And when I slide the keyboard close and turn the phone back upright it doesn't change back. I have to head home to get it back.

I started having orientation issues a few days ago. (Never thought I'd be saying that!)

Just in this past week, my phone has started getting stuck in landscape mode on the home screen. Usually popping the keyboard open and then back closed will fix it, but, not always. Sometimes the only way I can get it back to normal is to power cycle the device.

I used the OTW updater a few weeks ago to update to the first attempt at Official Froyo firmware.

-SF

Upvote 0
oh wow...i just saw where the update was pulled. my phone has been acting crazy all day and i havnt gotten the update, am not rooted, 2.1 di18,my 1st smartphone, ive been so frustrated because all eveing have no 4g signal, keeps loosing 3g signal, wont stay connected, keeps freezing up and suddenly very slow,and for 2days now says i have a prl or profile update then says dont and wont let me update prl,profile,or firmware, sproradically says i have update then i dont, and am unable to do it,unknown error, etc.. then it seems i stay sitting at an outlet to use it as the battery is always low. and about 20mins ago i just recieved for the second time from sprint, the text message about sprint id coming soon.. so, i guess its time to take the plunge and do that reset and start over..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones