• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2.2 rollout begins tomorrow

I can't get the files from that page, tried from work and home. "Connection has timed out"

is there a chance that so many people are trying this that the servers are just shot?

If you apply sappimg.nbh and and just WAIT, you should get your update to 1.6 in about a day. Leave the phone on 3g tho, wifi off. Don't use mybackup or titanium backup to restore any data because that prevented me from getting my 1.6 update when I unrooted.

Upvote 0
I have to say that I'm proud of T-Mobile for updating a phone as old now as the original my touch. If I remember right it came out in June or July of 09, and a lot of phones (behold 2 anyone?) that came after are done with official updates. I'm feeling some Magenta Pride.

Agreed. In smart-phone years this thing is a dinosaur with our 192mb ram and 528mhz (factory underclocked to 328mhz) processor. Rooting has definitely breathed some new life into this thing but I would really like something faster.

I think I'm holding out for the myTouch HD.

Upvote 0
I tried that, but never got the 1.6 OTA update after 3 days.

no biggie, I was finally able to download those files, and am back on Donut.

thanks

Hmm, they're most likely not pushing the 1.6 update at the moment and only pushing the 2.2. I wonder if you stayed on 1.5 if they'd ever send the 1.6 or just send you 2.2 straight away?

Either that or the network is just congested from the 2.2 update and everything will go back to normal in a month or so?

the 3G coverage in my apt is suspect at best, so I'm usually on Wifi here. If I leave the wifi off, would the OTA come over Edge?

Last time I unrooted I was on edge. 3G sucks at my place too, lol.

It will, just take forever to download that huge file.

Once the updated started downloading on edge, I switched to wifi and it finished downloading in about 2 minutes. I have a fast connection. :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones