• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root 2.2 Rom.

I hate how the Market never tells you you have apps that need updating. And then you go into the Downloads section of your Market just for the hell of it and it tells you you have apps that need updating. <_<

I've noticed that when I'm stock, my phone notifies me quite often of updates. However, I have not been getting nearly as many updates since running my current ROM.

And, personally, I don't want automatic market app updates. I'd prefer to do it manually because sometimes the updates are defective and I've avoided tons of headaches by reading the comments of early adopters.

Upvote 0
I've noticed that when I'm stock, my phone notifies me quite often of updates. However, I have not been getting nearly as many updates since running my current ROM.

And, personally, I don't want automatic market app updates. I'd prefer to do it manually because sometimes the updates are defective and I've avoided tons of headaches by reading the comments of early adopters.

I think that's Google's reasoning behind not having this feature built it. It's a nerd's OS, after all. We don't like simplified. Buy one of those one-button phone's for that...;)

Upvote 0

That's pretty much how I feel about it. There's been plenty of apps that I've avoided updating b/c of a new build being defective or whatever. Always read the comments first.

What I would like would be able to turn off that notification for that app after I've acknowledged that there's an update. Like if you click on that app and don't update it, I'd prefer it to not tell me that there's an update in my list. It's not the biggest deal but it kinda annoys me. Especially if there is an even newer update that I've missed b/c I've been ignoring that one for a week.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones