• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 2.3.5 Update - Weather not finding location?

Brettjmcc

Dec 15, 2010
This morning I got notified of a System Update and downloaded it. It took me to 2.3.5.

It seems to have changed a few things around - one of the current bugbears is that the weather no onger seems to find your location.

Previously it would find where I was - not anymore... The closest place is London, which really is not helpfull. Any ideas?

Thanks

Check your location settings and ensure - Use Wireless Networks checkbox is checked so that the phone can determine where you are. When my phone was on flight mode recently and Wifi was connected to the internet the weather widget could'nt determine my current location. As soon as I took it off flight mode it was able to use the network to determine my location.

Have you checked your other location based services? Try Google Maps to see if it finds your current location.

Upvote 0
Check your location settings and ensure - Use Wireless Networks checkbox is checked so that the phone can determine where you are. When my phone was on flight mode recently and Wifi was connected to the internet the weather widget could'nt determine my current location. As soon as I took it off flight mode it was able to use the network to determine my location.

Have you checked your other location based services? Try Google Maps to see if it finds your current location.

So I checked. Wireless Checkbox OK, GPS not ticked.

Tried Googled Maps, it finds my Location OK - actually spot on.

However, still the same when I bring up the weather widget, it just says United Kingdom whereas prior to upgrade on Monday it would find my exact Location

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones