• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 2 day old Samsung Captivate Freezing up

newbydroid

Lurker
Sep 18, 2010
I have a Samsung Captivate and was able to sim unlock nd then root everything was running great, but because i wanted to change the rom and get rid of the AT&T bloatware I decided to install SRE rom from theunlockr but first i had to install rom manager from the market, & install Clockwork Mod which i did so far so good. I go ahead watch the video follow it step by step except i forgot to wipe data then install rom. So i decided to kinda start over i booted into recovery wiped data then attempted to install SRE rom again and that's when all hell broke loose phone freezing up on the home screen, not completing its boot process, rebooting by itself, not allowing me to reboot into recovery with the key combo or ne other way for that matter. I then tried odin one click to reinstall factory everything but no luck. Sorry for the long story just trying to put it all out there. O yeah i'm a newb incase you couldn't tell. I don't have insurance to try to return to at&t. Thank you in advance for any and all help you may provide.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones