• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2 major questions

i was wondering if there are any new updates for the samsung captivate as of april 2011, or before other than froyo and if tehre are how to get them.
also my captivate keeps freezing for a while then will be fine, or the screen will load then turn black then load then black for awhile until i turn it off, is there any way to fix that, its running 2.2 it is normal i have not rooted it, and there are not to many apps on it but the other day i cleared them and put them but it still does it. i just want it to be as fast as when i got it it is embarrassing to show people and have it freeze and stall with even a simple task

i was wondering if there are any new updates for the samsung captivate as of april 2011, or before other than froyo and if tehre are how to get them.
also my captivate keeps freezing for a while then will be fine, or the screen will load then turn black then load then black for awhile until i turn it off, is there any way to fix that, its running 2.2 it is normal i have not rooted it, and there are not to many apps on it but the other day i cleared them and put them but it still does it. i just want it to be as fast as when i got it it is embarrassing to show people and have it freeze and stall with even a simple task
Since the 2.2 update rollout, there has not been another update.

If you have not done a factory reset since updating to 2.2, I'd do that first then go from there.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones