• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root 2+ minutes for boot up

maikinmoves

Apr 11, 2010
I am running virtuous 2.7 with kings kernel 3 everything works great but when I turn three phone on ever splash screen is up for just over a minute and than the boot animation takes about 90 plus seconds. I have tried current kernels, to no avail, any thoughts our just live with it?

I wipe the delvic cache each time I load a new kernel, I have tried kings 3 and 4 and hydra 3 all load at roughly the same speed, but if I recall correctly the stock conservitive kernel loaded fine. A thought that just came across is, will it started to load quicker as more info is stored in the delvic cache? Meaning restart my phone a couple times?

Upvote 0
I wipe the delvic cache each time I load a new kernel, I have tried kings 3 and 4 and hydra 3 all load at roughly the same speed, but if I recall correctly the stock conservitive kernel loaded fine. A thought that just came across is, will it started to load quicker as more info is stored in the delvic cache? Meaning restart my phone a couple times?

They are all going to load slow on first boot but King #3 loads slower than others all the time. This is going to be true even if you clear the dalvic cache. This is a known behavior due to the default speed of this particular kernel that is well known. If someone does not boot their phone often, I suppose this would not be a big deal. For me it was a problem. But we have options. Thank God for options.

Reactions: maikinmoves
Upvote 0
Sheesh guys... I've had my Inc since pre-launch day 1 (April 28) and I think I've had to boot it maybe 9 or 10 times, and most of those had to do with when I rooted, or updated to Froyo. I have no idea how long it takes to boot, or if 2 minutes is good or bad.

no bump charging for you?

I charge over night, when i wake up i turn phone off while im in shower and dressing.

Upvote 0
no bump charging for you?
Nope... I'm apparently one of the few that has no problems with battery life. I guess I'm a "light user"... I charge overnight, every other night. BatteryLeft says about a 51 hour battery life between charges. Stock 1300 mAh battery, data always on, WiFi off (I think I've used WiFi about 3 times since I got my Inc), BUT... and this is the big one... datawise, I'm syncing nothing other than 4 email accounts once per hour and Google Contacts once per day. No need to sync more often for me.

Upvote 0
Nope... I'm apparently one of the few that has no problems with battery life. I guess I'm a "light user"... I charge overnight, every other night. BatteryLeft says about a 51 hour battery life between charges. Stock 1300 mAh battery, data always on, WiFi off (I think I've used WiFi about 3 times since I got my Inc), BUT... and this is the big one... datawise, I'm syncing nothing other than 4 email accounts once per hour and Google Contacts once per day. No need to sync more often for me.

Holy shit man!!! My BatteryLeft says 12hrs full life.

Last night i was down to 35% and it said i had like 6hrs of uptime. No idea if thats heavy or light

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones