2+ minutes for boot up

Last Updated:

1. maikinmoves

maikinmoves Active Member This Topic's Starter

I am running virtuous 2.7 with kings kernel 3 everything works great but when I turn three phone on ever splash screen is up for just over a minute and than the boot animation takes about 90 plus seconds. I have tried current kernels, to no avail, any thoughts our just live with it?

Advertisement
  2. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Well-Known Member

did you do a wipe before you loaded the rom? even if you did, try loading it up again and wiping the dalvik cache also (the first boot will take a long time). I'm running virtuous 2.6 and haven't had any boot issues. IMO it boots really fast, haven't tried 2.7 yet.

3. dscribe

dscribe Well-Known Member

The reason is Kings Kernel #3 which defaults to powersaver mode and therefore runs your phone at 245mhz while it boots. I installed the power-saving kernel version of 2.7 and so far I have been very happy with it.

4. sdrawkcab25

+1 to that, just noticed you said #3 kernel, Flash the #4 kernel

maikinmoves likes this.
  5. maikinmoves

I wipe the delvic cache each time I load a new kernel, I have tried kings 3 and 4 and hydra 3 all load at roughly the same speed, but if I recall correctly the stock conservitive kernel loaded fine. A thought that just came across is, will it started to load quicker as more info is stored in the delvic cache? Meaning restart my phone a couple times?

6. dscribe

They are all going to load slow on first boot but King #3 loads slower than others all the time. This is going to be true even if you clear the dalvic cache. This is a known behavior due to the default speed of this particular kernel that is well known. If someone does not boot their phone often, I suppose this would not be a big deal. For me it was a problem. But we have options. Thank God for options.

maikinmoves likes this.
  7. maikinmoves

ok.. I will try flashing kings 4 tonight. Thanks for the heads up.

Thank god for options? Um I thought it was google that gave us an open source platform, not Steve Jobs.

8. dscribe

LOL. What options did you think I meant? I meant we have options ON ANDROID. Though I do suppose that other phone is an option of sorts as well.:rolleyes:

9. sdrawkcab25

think he saying that steve jobs is God... sarcasm maybe lol, hard to spot sarcasm sometimes

10. maikinmoves

sorry yea that was sarcasm on the perception that at least Steve Jobs thinks he is god

11. dscribe

pftt! sorry, my bad! LOL. Doh! :eek:

12. Skorpios1027

Skorpios1027 Frell me dead VIP Member

Jobs is the devil, not God:D

13. rsarno

rsarno Thank Me, Im Irish! VIP Member

Sorry this is off topic, but my BB Storm used to take like 4 minutes lol. What hell

14. maikinmoves

I flashed kings 4 kernel by the 4th boot it was down to 21 second splash screen and 28 seconds for the boot animation.thanks for the help.

15. answerman

answerman Well-Known Member

Sheesh guys... I've had my Inc since pre-launch day 1 (April 28) and I think I've had to boot it maybe 9 or 10 times, and most of those had to do with when I rooted, or updated to Froyo. I have no idea how long it takes to boot, or if 2 minutes is good or bad.

16. rsarno

no bump charging for you?

I charge over night, when i wake up i turn phone off while im in shower and dressing.

17. answerman

answerman Well-Known Member

Nope... I'm apparently one of the few that has no problems with battery life. I guess I'm a "light user"... I charge overnight, every other night. BatteryLeft says about a 51 hour battery life between charges. Stock 1300 mAh battery, data always on, WiFi off (I think I've used WiFi about 3 times since I got my Inc), BUT... and this is the big one... datawise, I'm syncing nothing other than 4 email accounts once per hour and Google Contacts once per day. No need to sync more often for me.

18. rsarno

Holy shit man!!! My BatteryLeft says 12hrs full life.

Last night i was down to 35% and it said i had like 6hrs of uptime. No idea if thats heavy or light