1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

2-thumbed Swype in landscape?

Last Updated:

1. travelingfool

travelingfool Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

This may really be a dumb question, but is Swype even meant to be used in landscape mode?

I've recently tried Swype to see what all the hype was about. In portrait mode, I can see the advantages; it's actually pretty fast for me. However, I can't seem to wrap my brain around using it in landscape mode with 2 thumbs like on a conventional keyboard. I've tried, but, well...it's a mess.

Be nice...:D

Advertisement
  2. PhilosoRaptor

PhilosoRaptor Well-Known Member

Yeah, Swype is only meant to be used in portrait mode with a single thumb as the only input medium. In landscape mode, it makes much more sense to use my phones physical keyboard, as you should too since you have a Droid 2.

I still type just as fast, if not faster with my phones physical keyboard, so for longer messages (like when I'm typing here on the forums), I use the keyboard. But for shorter messages, like for sms, it's easier to keep my phone in portrait mode and use Swype.

3. ntdb

ntdb Active Member

I was disappointed to find that Swype doesn't work in landscape... I love the way my cappy feels in my hands in landscape but I love how easy Swype is in portrait! It's unfortunate that there doesn't seem to be a way to use different keyboards for each orientation.

4. travelingfool

travelingfool Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, thanks for that. I thought maybe I was just a klutz, lol. Yeah, I can type really fast on the Droid2 physical keyboard too. I really like it. I just thought maybe the landscape Swype would be good too, but I guess not.

The only thing I don't like about the physical keyboard is when typing quotation marks, the auto-correct puts the first one immediately after the previous word, like" this," instead of "this." Drives me crazy, because I have to backspace and correct it.

5. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest

Swype + EVO + landscape = sprained thumbs

:p

6. gabbott

gabbott Well-Known Member

lol, so true!