• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2 users on one nook?

dacount97

Lurker
Oct 6, 2010
If my wife and I both have android phones, can we log into the nook separately to get her books and my books? I can't seem to find anything about an android account switcher, and may not be possible to have 2 different profiles on one device without wiping it between uses?

Anybody know?

If my wife and I both have android phones, can we log into the nook separately to get her books and my books? I can't seem to find anything about an android account switcher, and may not be possible to have 2 different profiles on one device without wiping it between uses?

Anybody know?

I'm not sure that you can have two different users but I have a work-a-round for you that WOULD work.

The NOOKcolor obviously has a built in NOOK application (after all...that what this device is for).

But you could root it, have one user that used the built-in account.

The other user could use the Android Market NOOK application. The experience would be slightly different for each user but it would work.

One more time...IT REQUIRES ROOTING. I have two of these rooted and it will allow you to do the "two person account on one device" but it will also make your NOOKcolor into a pretty decent tablet (like the Galaxy Tab...but not quite that good :))

Here is a post you want to check out:

http://androidforums.com/nookcolor-...o-wiki-page-rooting-nookcolor-plz-sticky.html

And here's a video showing what you can do with it if you follow the directions in the post above ;) (the guy in the vid charges $60 to walk you through this...but if you decent with computers...you should be able to do it on your own.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHF-rksuCy8

Upvote 0
Okay, I fully expected this to work but I ran across a problem.

With a rooted NOOK, I can install and use the Amazon Kindle app...but NOT the NOOK app in the market. I'm not sure why, but I downloaded and installed the nook app just fine, it shows up in the app drawer and in the "extras" drawer, but when you click it to open the app, nothing happens.

I'll look for a workaround to this but as of right now it's not looking like two users on a nook is a viable option.

I did try this on two different rooted nooks, rebooted both and tried again...nothing :thinking:

Upvote 0
Okay, you may have an option here...

Check out this link and let me know if it would work for you. You can sideload apps from one nook account to another. I'm not really a nook "e-reader"...I'm just in it for the Android goodness :D so I don't know if this is actually possible to do. The good news (I guess it's good news LOL) is you wouldn't have to root if you didn't want to.

One nook / 2 accounts (personal and business). Can... - Barnes & Noble Book Clubs

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones