21.24mbs used in an hour and a half !Support

Last Updated:

1. ray1510

ray1510 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

As said above, I've watched 1 YouTube video, bin playing world war a little bit, downloaded one app, and 2 websites visited, does this seem normal ? I think its a bit much tbh

Advertisement
  2. ray1510

Just by posting that thread its gone up to 22.3 according to 3g watchdog ? Wtf like

3. CuBz

CuBz Well-Known Member

I also noticed the X10 uses alot of data, even with apps just running in the background, it's a joke

4. ray1510

Tell me about it !

5. darthlinux

darthlinux Well-Known Member

Just use APN to turn your 3g off when your not using it, when I get home 3g is turned off and wifi is turned on.

CuBz likes this.
  6. BingoRingo

BingoRingo Well-Known Member

I used less than 200 MB last month, so I don't think it's the phone. Look at the apps you might have installed and deactivate them one by one to see if there are improvements.

7. yugo

yugo New Member

Yea, I also think it's something with your apps or something cause I usually use about 150-250 MB per month. Once, I had about 350 MB but I abused with videos on youtube, I've been watching a lot of videos, even onces 10 minutes long.
    I don't know if you have heard of Advance Task Manager. I am using it almost every time I open the phone, always killing apps.
    Try changing your settings about Facebook, email or any other app that might connect itself to the internet from time to time. My facebook and email are never self updated. They update themselves when I open them.
    Anyways, I hope that helped even if it's for a little bit.

8. CuBz

CuBz Well-Known Member

Well I am on a contract with T-Mobile (UK) and I get 3GB data a month, and when all that is used up I still get internet access without any extra charges but i get random web page pop-ups telling me i've reached my data allowance, so it isn't really a problem for me :)

9. powerkiter

powerkiter Well-Known Member

As said check all your apps that update like timescape (data eater) or other widgets, I get 3gb a month and I run 2 company's from my phone and one is all web based so I can kill data and get a regular text warning from 3 saying I am getting close to my limit and I even run Barnacle wifi tether with me and my gf's laptops.

But I will say there is a data leak somewhere, as when I got the phone it came with "unlimited" internet that turned out to be 500meg and I used that in 15 days and after 24 hours of getting a text saying I had reached my limit I had used up