• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories 2150mAh HTC extended battery

What I meant by that was I had a higher percentage of awake time when my uptime was lower. I just re read what I wrote , didn't word it properly

Example. If I'm heavly using my phone and not giving it any kind of break I'm going to obviously burn through it faster but I'll get more awake time since there isn't the downtime of battery being burnt idle

Upvote 0
Good Morning everyone,

My phone has been unplugged now for 1 day and 20 hours.....with 4.5 hours awake time. I currently have 37% left. Everything turned off (Wifi, BT and GPS), screen at 25% brightness. I made three 30 minute calls, web surfing, played 2 rounds of robo defense, lots of texting (all my normal usage).

This battery is simply amazing. I may grab a second one (whenever they go on sale again on VZW) with a battery cradle charger. Would be really sweet to just swap batteries every 2 days or so.

Cheers to all,

-Sev

Upvote 0
I am so happy with the extended battery. I still will plug it in at my desk at work, but I know when I unplug it it'll make it through the evening, the night, and the entire next day with no problem whatsoever if I ever cant charge it (or forget to). The size is a total non-issue...I have a hard time understanding why anyone thinks it is too big but to each his own :)

Only complaint is no cases are available (without modding an existing one).

Upvote 0
I'm very happy with the battery life, but I don't know if my battery door is secure like it's supposed to be. Has anyone else noticed that the lower right side of the door (when facing the phone) doesn't seem like it will attach firmly to the rest of the device?

That is my only complaint thus far. That one little section doesn't seem like it's as firmly attached as the rest.

Upvote 0
I've been using the 2150 extended battery from Verizon for the past week now, I modified the silicone black case to make it fit and love how it turned out see my prior posts for pics.

However I will admit that as much as I love going 2-3 days now on a single charge, I miss the sleekness and thiness of the standard battery and what I fell in love with being so thin in my pocket. The ext battery does add weight and thickness in my pants. I'm considering downgrading and buying the 1500 battery, am I nuts??

Upvote 0
I'm very happy with the battery life, but I don't know if my battery door is secure like it's supposed to be. Has anyone else noticed that the lower right side of the door (when facing the phone) doesn't seem like it will attach firmly to the rest of the device?

That is my only complaint thus far. That one little section doesn't seem like it's as firmly attached as the rest.

This is still really annoying me.

This is the spot that's giving me problems:

mM2au.png

Upvote 0
oneiztoomany: Yes, it does add to the size of the phone, but not by much. The phone still fits in my jeans pocket quite comfortably. The only drawback that I had is that none of the accessories (cases, car dock, etc...) that I had purchased would fit anymore. To fix this I ended up getting a generic car dock that is adjustable (which works better in the long run because it will also hold my iPod), and I took one of my cases and cut a hole in the back of it. Having the phone be a little larger is a small price to pay for the increase battery life imo. I used to have to charge my phone at work or at the latest as soon as I got home (which is usually around 5:00PM), now I am usually still at about 50% when I go to bed around midnight.

As for the extended battery cover not fitting properly, I haven't had any problems with that....

Upvote 0
oneiztoomany: Yes, it does add to the size of the phone, but not by much. The phone still fits in my jeans pocket quite comfortably. The only drawback that I had is that none of the accessories (cases, car dock, etc...) that I had purchased would fit anymore. To fix this I ended up getting a generic car dock that is adjustable (which works better in the long run because it will also hold my iPod), and I took one of my cases and cut a hole in the back of it. Having the phone be a little larger is a small price to pay for the increase battery life imo. I used to have to charge my phone at work or at the latest as soon as I got home (which is usually around 5:00PM), now I am usually still at about 50% when I go to bed around midnight.

As for the extended battery cover not fitting properly, I haven't had any problems with that....

sounds good man, i almost feel like the 2150 is a must for this phone and i dont even own one yet. just from reading all the feedback about it...

now i have to stress about whether i will get one with an amoled screen or lcd...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones