• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

$25 gift cards from Verizon for customers waiting on their Incredibles

tubs

Jun 29, 2010
San Diego
I heard my thread got merged accidentally.. Here's what I posted earlier

Ordered in store: 6/6/10
"Ship by" date: 6/28/10
Actual ship date: n/a

Dear Valued Customer,
Thank you for your recent order of the DROID Incredible by HTC. Due to overwhelming demand for this innovative device, we are currently experiencing inventory delays. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and are working to resolve this issue.

If your order shipping date was June 28 or prior, you may experience an additional delay of up to 7 business days. We will send an update with tracking information once your device has been shipped. If you have already received your device, please disregard this notice.

Your satisfaction is important to us, so we

I'm worried about if it will have the amoled screen.
I hear that's the delay.
Does anybody know about this.

Ordered in store: 6/5/10
"Ship by" date: 6/26/10

I heard my thread got merged accidentally.. Here's what I posted earlier

Ordered in store: 6/6/10
"Ship by" date: 6/28/10

Dear Valued Customer,
Thank you for your recent order of the DROID Incredible by HTC. Due to overwhelming demand for this innovative device, we are currently experiencing inventory delays. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and are working to resolve this issue.

If your order shipping date was June 28 or prior, you may experience an additional delay of up to 7 business days. We will send an update with tracking information once your device has been shipped. If you have already received your device, please disregard this notice.

Upvote 0
@jvick

from all i have been reading it seems that you will likely get a sony super LCD screen instead of the AMOLED, seeing as samsung could not keep up with the demand. That is the entire reason for the delay....

@tubs

So the way the letter reads even people that even people that have already received their phones will be getting the same gift card. I ordered on 5/29 and luckily received my phone on the 18th, it would be nice if that came through

Upvote 0
@jvick

from all i have been reading it seems that you will likely get a sony super LCD screen instead of the AMOLED, seeing as samsung could not keep up with the demand. That is the entire reason for the delay....

@tubs

So the way the letter reads even people that even people that have already received their phones will be getting the same gift card. I ordered on 5/29 and luckily received my phone on the 18th, it would be nice if that came through

so how good is this sony super lcd screen?

Upvote 0
Got an email similar to this (25 dollar credit). I ordered 6/18 original ship date was 7/16, now looking a week out.

I responded and told them that the 25 dollars was a little insulting and that I expected better. Some people have gotten verizon to credit them 50% off their bill and that is what I asked for. We'll see.

Upvote 0
so how good is this sony super lcd screen?

i'd say the biggest benefit to the SLED screen is the availability! Other than that i believe the general differences are LED offers better viewing in sunlight and AMOLED offers better picture/more vibrant colors, but worse in sunlight. I'm unsure about the specifics about power consumption, but one reason for AMOLED was for power savings, but i believe at this point (from what i have read) the power consumption is almost the same.

IMO i would still get the Dinc even if it has a SLED screen, i honestly don't think it will matter to most people.

http://www.androidcentral.com/htc-adresses-amoled-stock-issues-supplanting-sony-super-lcd-panels

Upvote 0
I was just told that my gift card has been mailed! Then after expressing my great dissatisfaction with the lack of notifying me regarding anything to do with he phone availability and shipment status she gave me an additional 25$ credit to my account. I guess I'll end up getting the phone for around 50$ all said and done. Can't complain really.

Upvote 0
Just wanted to give a heads up. June 29th was by "Ship at the latest" date and it still has not shipped.

I was not NE2 eligible since I used mine to get my wife's DInc but got mail for a "Private Sale. I got it for the $199 price.

I called to ask where my phone was. There is a note in the system I will be getting a $25.00 credit.

If you're waiting, be sure to call and get it as well.

P.S. If the delay continues I was told I can switch my order to a Droid X. I kept the email from my VZW rep (I guess at 800 2join in) so I just email or call her directly.

Upvote 0
Got this email as I posted.

To ensure our emails reach your inbox, please add
verizonwireless@email.vzwshop.com to your address book.
Having trouble viewing this email? View online.

redbar.jpg
Please read this important message
regarding your recent order. Order Number: XXXXXXXX
Location Code: XXXXXX

Dear Valued Customer,

Upvote 0
"If your order shipping date was June 28 or prior, you may experience an additional delay of up to 7 business days."

I ordered my phone on 6/19 and the expected ship by date is July 16th. I know that the email says "June 28 or prior" but I am wondering if the current 7 day shipping delay has pushed everything back?

I am also wondering when they will start shipping the phones with the new screen... one of the reasons I liked this phone was the screen. It wasn't the biggest reason but it was one of them :(

Upvote 0
I hear that Verizon already sending out the letter with a $25 Verizon gift card to users that still waiting for the Droid Incredible because reason " Delay ".

If you are, did you receive it ?

Did you receive the letter from Verizon about the $25 gift card for your patience about waiting for your Droid Incredible coming ? We hear that they offer $25 gift card for patient buyers and with the apologizes for delay.
Also they inform that the buyers will receiving a $25 Verizon gift card with a little thank you for their patience soon. Your order might take additional delay up to 7 business days.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones