• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

26 days and counting down

callihan_44

Sep 8, 2010
I recently jumped on the android bandwagon (HTC ARIA) coming from a razr v3 LOL. I wanted the captivate BAD however decided at the last minute to wait but needed a new phone. IF they address the gps issue/2.2 in the next 26 days I AM THERE~ I will be watching these forums like a hawk at any news of the update . If not I will keep the aria, surprised how well it works just typing on it is kind of a pain. Ive been in the at&t store several times to play with it and it IS a great phone, but being tied to it for the next 2yrs I dont want a headache from it.

i tested my gps out for the last time last week on my way to tuscaloosa, after owning it since the day it came out, and it honestly worked pretty well. i didnt notice how long it took to lock on but it didnt seem to bad. but if it is something that someone plans on using frequently then it is a legitimate concern

2.2 is rumored to be this month, hopefully it is, but i dont know if that is official or not. the aria is nice though, i almost bought it till i heard of the captivate and i knew immediately which i would get. but the aria doesnt have the screen and size which i think makes it worth the investment over the next 2 years, it will still be a decent phone by the time of my next upgrade which i really like

Upvote 0
I am pretty happy with my decision to come back to the Captivate. I know it's a bandaid, but when I turn on the wireless network assist for the GPS, it's pretty damn accurate. It's good enough for my current situation. If shit gets real and I need to have accurate GPS guidance, I'll just break out my Garmin.

Upvote 0
There was some confusion as to the purpose of this thread - so - if you're looking for a place for a kick up your feet and discuss the other stuff that was here, I've moved the other posts and gave the thread a name -

http://androidforums.com/lounge/171790-samsung-gps-proves-google-cia.html

Knock yourselves out on that over there - this is kinda the "deciding on Captivate" thread.

We now return you to your normal programming...

(Remember - any problem with this, you take up with me via PM, thanks.)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones