• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2GB MicroSDHC included

Some apps need an SD card to function. Yes its only 2 gig but it beats HAVING to buy a card just to have apps work. I'll probably buy an 8 gig eventually, but not until I'm close to filling up the internal 6.6gig. I really see no need for a 16 or 32 gig card. I currently have just over 900 songs on my Droid and still have only used 2.5 gig of space. He-aacPlus FTW!

Upvote 0
it says limited intro offer. Also it's only 2GB can't really do much with that. I bought an 8GB flash card for 20 bucks. I'll get a 32GB when they drop in price.

Did anyone else see that a 2 GB sandisk microSD is included?

Accessories
Package Contents:, HTC Incredible, Limited Introductory Offer: 2 GB SanDisk MicroSD Card, Standard Lithium Ion Polymer Battery, Wall/USB Charger, Product Safety and Warranty Guide, Quick Start Guide

Upvote 0
I just wanted to pass along that my store got some inventory yesterday (Thurs 4/22). We received 24 phones and a smattering of accessories. We also received our launch kit with dummy and demo. The accessories included a few colors of the hard plastic snap on cases, at least one color of the high gloss silicon type case, the gradient red/black case, the shell/holster combo (my pick) and some of the normal 3pack screen protectors.

My store is a medium volume location, about average for my district, so most other locations are probably receiving a similar allocation, though busier locations will no doubt receive more. We had about three times as many Droids on launch day, but fewer Storm 1s. There's still time to receive more product, our launch day Droids came in two different shipments, with the second dropping the day before launch. So I'm hopeful we'll get more Incredibles in before the 29th.

Upvote 0
I received my Incredible on Wednesday via FedEx.
I ordered it on Monday, and it shipped that night.

My package did NOT include any Micro-SD card.
So far, I've downloaded 6 apps into the on-board memory w/o any problems.
No crashes or other 'surprises'

The Incredible is just that. FAST & BRILLIANT display.
The package came with:
- Rebate $100 Paperwork
- User Manual
- 120V/240V AC to 5VDC adapater (1" x 2") with a USB output
- USB to Micro-USB cable
- Oh, and the Incredible

-RadioRich

Upvote 0
If I'm not going to put a ton of music and movies but maybe a lot of apps on my Incredible, would I be fine with an 8gb card?

Yes as the apps will download to your phone internal storageand just extra files from some apps will be placed on your SD card.
I have 8gig in my Eris have over 1000 songs, about 50 cellphone videos , 400+ pictures and a bunch of random files I keep on my phone for work and still have 2gigs of space left

Reactions: WizeGuyDezignz
Upvote 0
I just preordered my unit today and it said it came with a 2gb memory card, although i have a couple extras sitting around anyhow so it doesn't matter and i have a 16gb class 6 to put in it that i bought for my eris before i returned it. I was shocked to wake up this morning and i had an email from verizon saying something changed on my account. I returned my eris on monday this week so i was anticipating having to wait awhile to get an incredible ordered. Anyhow i checked my account and it said i was eligible for the new every 2 again on my main line which i had the eris on that i returned. So i went through the process of preordering/upgrading my phone and sure enough it was $149 with my ne2 discount applied. I'm very excited and am glad they got everything straight on their end without me having to call them several times. Verizon is a great company imo. I'm really excited for my new phone, can't wait until thursday!

Upvote 0
Well i have a 16gb memory card i had in my eris, i only had about 2gb in music, but i also have about 12gb of video files. I have Trailer Park Boys Seasons 1-7 on it and that eats up about 10gb on its own. And a few other misc movies. In fact i'm looking to get the 32gb sd stick as soon as its reasonable in price, which will probably be within a year from now.

Upvote 0
My DI did not come with the card. I called CS via 611 today and asked about it. He first said the phone did not come with a card and then I directed him to the VZ site and showed him where it says it does under a limited promotion. I emphasised that since I already had the phone 10 days early how could he argue I would not be eligible as I certainly could not be too far in line.

It took about 15 minutes for him to get approval but they are shipping it Monday at no cost. Not a great catch but at least another card for the kids phone or what not.

Thanks to all for bringing this issue up.

Reactions: Deleted User
Upvote 0
I remember back to when 2GB sounded like an insane amount of storage...

I remember back when the first hard drive I bought cost $1000.00 for a 10 meg or $100.00 per meg, PC DOS v 1.0, 1983. It's interesting to look at the size and capacity of micro sd cards and think about what the cost and physical dimensions would have been in those days to have the same storage.

Upvote 0
I will be buying my INC in-store this Thurs morning, but I stopped by the store today because I heard they have a demo to look at. It was SWEET!
smile.gif

But I specifically asked the salesperson if it comes with a 2gb MicroSD card and she said no. I said, are you sure? She said NO. hahaha..

So, I'm guessing that it's only for pre-orders taken from 4/23-4/26 as stated on the VZW website and in here. Oh well, as others said, 2gb isn't that much anyways, so I'll end up buying another 8 or 16gb on my own.
Still sucks tho :)

Upvote 0
I get to use the 8gb from my storm on the Inc! Hopefully its not contaminated from my storms suckiness. It's also only a class 2. I know a class 6 is three times faster, but right now I don't see the need to install a class 6 if the apps are storing correctly to the internal mem. I also get to reuse all my usb cables from my storm, I guess it was useful for something?

Upvote 0
I wouldn't use the memory card if it came with it. I don't listen to music on an MP3 player or phone, I leave that for the truck. I would think most apps would install to the onboard memory, and what else could possibly go on there? People that can fill an 8GB card with music are ridiculous.

Not meaning to get off topic here, but why would you say that? I can fill my 16GB card almost full, with half of the music I own, and have purchased//collected over the years. What's wrong with bringing your whole library with you in case that nostalgia hits home and you want to listen to some AC/DC, or switch it up and listen to some A Day To Remember?

Anyway, I'm pretty glad it's coming with a 2gb card, I can use that with our camera since we're running out of space on all the other random 1gb and 2 gb cards.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones