• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 2mnths old BLACK ROOTed G1 / SD Card copying problems & FAILED Market Downloads

This is a 3 part question, can anyone assist in any part please?, Stephen (Wackeyraces).;)

I bought a Freedom Universal 2 keyboard in anticipation of a "bluetooth connection code" being written to use it earlier this year. This has not come onto the "Andriod Market" and I have been waiting nearly a year.

I have been reading some of the G1 bluetooth discussions, and have Alerts on G1 Bluetooth in Googlemail. I have now ROOted my G1, as per some of the advice given. Boy was this awkward, you travel through different sites for the codes!, but...

1) I have found that the USB copying to SD card now fails miserably.
I have to connect a SD card reader, is this the phone not working properly?

2) Since I ROOted, I cannot get a successful MARKET DOWNLOAD, have I NOT done something right, or is something missing in the guides. I have a 2 or 3 month old Phone, which I "downgraded", then proceeded with "ROOT"?

3) Can anyone now assist me in obtaining BLUETOOTH recognition?
I can help possubly a little bit and explain that I can "PAIR" the keyboard device but NOT "connect" it.

I have the Universal Keyboard software, the disc that came with it, and I have copied this to the Desktop so far. Do I go a step further and TRUST the software?, and if yes, what do I copy to the SD card?

Any Ideas please?

Yours in anticpation
Stephen (Wackeyraces)
:eek:

This is a 3 part question, can anyone assist in any part please?, Stephen (Wackeyraces).;)

I bought a Freedom Universal 2 keyboard in anticipation of a "bluetooth connection code" being written to use it earlier this year. This has not come onto the "Andriod Market" and I have been waiting nearly a year.

I have been reading some of the G1 bluetooth discussions, and have Alerts on G1 Bluetooth in Googlemail. I have now ROOted my G1, as per some of the advice given. Boy was this awkward, you travel through different sites for the codes!, but...

1) I have found that the USB copying to SD card now fails miserably.
I have to connect a SD card reader, is this the phone not working properly?

2) Since I ROOted, I cannot get a successful MARKET DOWNLOAD, have I NOT done something right, or is something missing in the guides. I have a 2 or 3 month old Phone, which I "downgraded", then proceeded with "ROOT"?

3) Can anyone now assist me in obtaining BLUETOOTH recognition?
I can help possubly a little bit and explain that I can "PAIR" the keyboard device but NOT "connect" it.

I have the Universal Keyboard software, the disc that came with it, and I have copied this to the Desktop so far. Do I go a step further and TRUST the software?, and if yes, what do I copy to the SD card?

Any Ideas please?

Yours in anticpation
Stephen (Wackeyraces)
:eek:

The Phone OS does not have the BT Drivers needed to fully communicate with the keyboard ... this is still not available ... we can only hope that it will in the future ????

With your SDcard .... you may want to save everything off it to a pc ... then re-format it to Fat32 ... and put your files back on the sdcard ....

If you were using apps2sd then you will also need to add an EXT3 partition to the card

If you were using a CM ROM i assume you made a nandroid backup ... so you can restore everything to the phone ...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones