• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories 32GB MicroSD Card... Get your 48GB Captivate now!

Bet you, within a year, price drops by at least a half. I mean, flash memory, hard drives, all this drops price exponentially, it's pretty crazy. I mean, I paid 20 bucks for a 2GB flash drive about three years ago, and now it's like, 16 GB for 30 bucks. Just wait it out or use multiple cards. I don't even get how people have thousands of songs, or manage to listen to 50 GB worth of music.

Really depends on how you listen to music. One of the reasons I went with the Captivate was the amount of storage available with the removable SD card (plus I hate being tied to 'the man' :D). I have close to 40gb of music ripped, although I haven't moved it all over yet. I like to copy whole CDs, then let my player randomize everything...sort of like listening to the radio - you never know what you'll be getting next, and you might even hear something you didn't know you had or didn't remember!

Upvote 0
By definition a rip off is asking $N for something that is available elsewhere for times cheaper. You can call this a rip off if you can get same/better card cheaper from another source.

okay please stop making up fake definitions. Rip off just means you over paid for something, and yes you can find 32gb cards with no speed rating for cheaper.

Upvote 0
OK, I'll be the Noob and ask, what is the deal with the different "CLASSES" that some of you are referring to? The most often Classes referred to in this thread are:
Class 2, Class 4 and Class 6 - So what does that mean??? Also, how can you determine what Class (2,4,6) of MicroSD card you have? Which is the best one to use and why?

Thanks Folks!

Cards are rated class 2, 4, or 6 and it purely covers write speed of the card - think of it as cards optimized for recording video. You don't want a card that can't keep up with your Video recording.

Secure Digital - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The ratings should be listed with the card - if not then consider it a Class 2. I have Class 6 cards in my Canon HD Camcorder and that is what is recommended if i want to record in 1080P with the best picture.

On my captivate I am using a Class 2 Sandisk, but I am recording video to the internal SD card - I am assuming it is faster, but I have no idea. Class2 should work fine the video camera on the captivate.

Upvote 0
My camera/video recorder currently still just copy to the internal SD card. I actually haven't found out a way to put those pictures/videos that are being snapped/recorded into another directory yet though.

If you know how I could point it to the external microSD card, I'd be happy to test it for ya.

And call me Splitter! :>

The camera settings allow you to save to the "phone" or External SD.

Upvote 0
eCrater (Wholesaletronix) has them (32GB) for $49.99. I just talked with the guy and he said they will have more in stock later this week...

Make sure it is a reputable seller. Most eBayers, and some sellers, are selling fake 32GB cards that write up to a certain amount (2GB, 8GB, 16GB) and then either corrupt or fail after that.

Just a buyer beware, that's pretty cheap at the moment so just a heads up.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones