• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

3D gallery now available!

Upvote 0
Only put it in folders you actually want hidden. lol That's not a side-effect, it's precisely what it's supposed to do.
Well, the album art is in the same folder as the MP3 files. So yeah, if you're looking to hide album art that is in the same folder as the album with this method, the music player will not pick up your MP3s, so it sort of defeats the purpose. Sounds like a side-effect to me.

Upvote 0
Thanks, Great find! Never knew this existed.

Glad to half-assedly help. lol It was past my bedtime, and I was a bit drunk, too. :D

Well, the album art is in the same folder as the MP3 files. So yeah, if you're looking to hide album art that is in the same folder as the album with this method, the music player will not pick up your MP3s, so it sort of defeats the purpose. Sounds like a side-effect to me.

You know, I never thought about it 'cause I have very little music on my phone (1 album and a few individual songs), but I have album art in the same folder as the music, too, and it doesn't show up in my gallery. Don't know why that is, but I'm researching it.

ETA: I was thinking it was because my album art is prefaced with "AlbumArt_*" in the filename, and some posts in this thread seem to support that. Try renaming the pics.

Upvote 0
It's listed as 3D Gallery, so it'll be the first application in the list -- at least that's how it is with mine.

Not sure why I didn't find it originally because I found it in the app list as "Gallery". Thanks jrstinkfish for taking the time to look.

As for the one listed for Froyo in the OP and the one I linked to above, it I believe they are one and the same. Both are version 1.1.30682 with the difference being the one in the OP adds "-desire" to it; 1.1.30682-desire.

I wonder if someone just added the "-desire" to it because both have the same version number. It's not a .30683 or .30684 or higher revision number.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones