3G connection Galaxy S

Last Updated:

1. SAB206

SAB206 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,

Not sure if this is in the right section, I'm new so bare with me lol.

I recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy S on o2 Pay GO.

Internet works fine via wi-fi, but I don't recall ever seeing it do a 3G connection? How do you know when the phone is connected via 3G or do i need to enable it somewhere in some settings?

I've only ever seen the wifi symbol come up, and also another one, like a 'E' with arrows flashing under it, presume its EDGE or GPRS?!

hope someone can shed some light

thank you :)

Advertisement
  2. shaahinjjj

shaahinjjj Well-Known Member

if you do have 3g, that E symbol should turn to a "3G" symbol with two arrows one red and the other green (they turn green and red only when transferring data). make sure you don't have any widget or app that has disabled your 3g.

3. voodooochild

voodooochild Well-Known Member

as its been posted you will know you have a connection via 3G when a little 3G symbol comes up with red and green arrows, the wifi symbol is pretty self explanatory.

Alternatively you will have an E symbol which stands for EDGE that is a faster version of GSM.

They may also be a 'H' that comes up with stands for HSDPA which is an enhanced version of 3G.

your phone will automatically pick the strongest connection and connect to that.

I doubt there will be anything block your 3G connection, seeing as there are apps you can download to specifically do this, especially if you are on a limited data plan.

4. angel666

angel666 New Member

Hi!

I flashd my samsung galaxy's to froyo 2.2 and now i have no 3G connection.
    Need help!!
    THX

5. TowerGent

TowerGent New Member

I have that same problem only mine happened just before i updated it to the Froyo. I'm with t-mobile.