• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root 3G connection Galaxy S

SAB206

Lurker
Sep 21, 2010
Hi all,

Not sure if this is in the right section, I'm new so bare with me lol.

I recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy S on o2 Pay GO.

Internet works fine via wi-fi, but I don't recall ever seeing it do a 3G connection? How do you know when the phone is connected via 3G or do i need to enable it somewhere in some settings?

I've only ever seen the wifi symbol come up, and also another one, like a 'E' with arrows flashing under it, presume its EDGE or GPRS?!

hope someone can shed some light

thank you :)

as its been posted you will know you have a connection via 3G when a little 3G symbol comes up with red and green arrows, the wifi symbol is pretty self explanatory.

Alternatively you will have an E symbol which stands for EDGE that is a faster version of GSM.

They may also be a 'H' that comes up with stands for HSDPA which is an enhanced version of 3G.

your phone will automatically pick the strongest connection and connect to that.

I doubt there will be anything block your 3G connection, seeing as there are apps you can download to specifically do this, especially if you are on a limited data plan.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones