• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

4.2.2. leak for International S3 - come and get it! No root required.

I merged the topic on the metropcs side with this one since its really not for our phones and rather have every1 continue this discussion here. please ignore any post asking mod to close the thread since i merged it from the metropcs section;) thanks!

I dont envy you mate having to merge that lol :beer: respect :thumbup:

Reactions: n4zty
Upvote 0
lol 10 years younger than u but hey i think even at this age forgetting is just part of living lol anyways back to topic i really cant say i see much difference between 4.2.2 and what alot of us are using 4.1.2 then again im using 4.2.2 on my nexus 7 and not a phone.

Yeah.. tbh, there isnt anythin im really lookin forward to in 4.2 lol :thinking:
Im more than happy with 4.1.2 but you know us old geeks :)

Upvote 0
I know this is a stupid question, but can we like..idk.. port this or something to the MetroPCS Galaxy S3 since so many people want it!?

No for several reasons that's why I moved this from our side to this general side. Reasons are it's for international gs3 which I will add has a incompatible bootloader that's gonna be ur first reason for the brick then the kernel. Even if u swapped those out with compatible ones ur still left with a firmware that doesn't support LTE even though this rom don't come with a modem radio I'm sure there are much more needed to have 4g working.

Reactions: deniskayeremuk
Upvote 0
No for several reasons that's why I moved this from our side to this general side. Reasons are it's for international gs3 which I will add has a incompatible bootloader that's gonna be ur first reason for the brick then the kernel. Even if u swapped those out with compatible ones ur still left with a firmware that doesn't support LTE even though this rom don't come with a modem radio I'm sure there are much more needed to have 4g working.

Man that sucks, I want this so bad! But I guess we will have to wait for Samsung to release it to the U.S. even tho Verizon S3 is still behind US (MetroPCS people with the Galaxy S3)

Upvote 0
I saw on youtube theres a rooted version of the test rom. Ill find the link if anyone wants it :thumbup:

Rooting it simple there's a way to flash cwm with odin just for the galaxy s3 variants then from there u put the super user zip in your sd card them boot into recovery then flash the super user and that's it but I would have to verify with my dev to see if this works for international version as well. I'll report back.

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
I wanted to try this, however there are no sources available yet, so no custom kernels. I'll wait for the official release, hopefully next month.

I hadnt thought about kernels tbh mate. Im waiting til Sale makes a Lite version of Neat rom based on it with an aroma mod. Doesnt Siyah support 4.2.2 yet?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones