4.2 and APEX LauncherSupport

1. sloheim

sloheim Well-Known Member

Is anyone else having problems using the APEX Launcher since upgrading to 4.2? Whenever I try to start my (unrooted) N7, I get "Unfortunately, Apex Launcher has stopped working". I've rebooted, no difference.

I'd prefer not to uninstall/re-install and lose my settings.

Thoughts?

Advertisement
  2. PowerBomb

PowerBomb Well-Known Member

Didn't have any problems with mine. Apex appeared to still be working fine although I went back to the stock launcher now. Apex has an option to back up your settings and homescreens in the event that you do decide to try reinstalling, just back up your settings and you won't lose it.
  3. Hoosiermama

Hoosiermama Well-Known Member

None of the dock buttons work for me. It just locks up. If I'm lucky, I get one dock button to work once, and then it stops. I uninstalled until I hear it's fixed. In the meantime, I had backed up my settings and imported them to Nova. I like the stock launcher, but I need more docks than just the one.
  4. PortNerd

PortNerd Active Member

It doesn't work for me at all since the upgrade. I try to start it, and I get a message saying that it stopped.
  5. PortNerd

PortNerd Active Member

Aaand now, when I test it this morning, it's working again. :shrug:
  6. viper689

viper689 Well-Known Member

It's more than likely Apex hadn't been updated since 4.2 dropped
  7. sloheim

Problem went away on its own several hours later for me too. I did nothing else, and then suddenly Apex Launcher started working. Very weird.
  8. wtherrell

wtherrell Well-Known Member

Same here with the dock buttons. I go into the apex menu settings and"float" the dock buttons to overlay the screen instead of below it. Then the work for a time. In a while they become inactive again. I go back in and uncheck the "float"
    I think maybe really all I need to do is click "restart apex launcher". I'll give that a try. One of those should work until we get the app update.
  9. laptopquestion

laptopquestion Well-Known Member

Ran into same issue. If it happens to me, I simply force a screen rotation and the buttons work again ;) (e.g. portrait -> landscape -> portrait).
  10. laptopquestion

laptopquestion Well-Known Member

The issues I had with Apex Launcher and 4.2 on my Nexus 7 appear to be fixed with the latest 1.3.5 update:

What's in this version:
    * Added option to close drawer after launching apps
    * Added option to toggle home screen alpha effect (leave it off for smoother transitions)
    * Improved icon label handling (labels will not be cut off or hidden automatically)
    * Fixed FC under Android 4.2
    * Fixed dock and QSB for Android 4.2
    * Various bugfixes and optimizations
    * Updated translations
  11. zoxxo

zoxxo Well-Known Member

I think Apex updated within 48 hours of the 4.2 release. For you guys that say that it just started working on its own, do you have auto app updates enabled in the play store?
  12. sloheim

Mine was "not working", and then magically started working, without any app updates in between.