• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 4.3 will not root with saferoot.

I have a samsung s3 sch-1535 verizon. I recently used keis to update the phone and now when i try to use safe root to root my phone it is being blocked by an updated kernel. I need an alternative root method or a method to flash my phone to an older version so that i can root it. any help would be appreciated thank you

The bootloader that came with Verizon's version of 4.3 is secure and can't be unlocked so unsigned firmware can't be flashed.
The usual way of rooting the s3 is CF Autoroot but I have a feeling that works by flashing a rooted kernel... Is that right or am I way off?
I've read of something called "safestrap", can anyone explain that?

Now that you're on 4.3 you CAN'T downgrade to anything lower! :thumbdown:

Best place to ask this is in the Verizon s3 ATR sub forum on here. You can hit the report button and ask for it be moved if u want :beer:

Oh aye welcome to the best Android support forum on earth 🌍

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones