• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

4.4 Kitkat on ZTE Blade 3?

I just bought an unlocked ZTE Blade 3 from Argos a couple of days ago, It's currently running 4.0.4 ICS and it's been a little slow and unresponsive which I expected with only 512mb RAM but it's beginning to become frustrating, especially since I bought it to replace a laggy phone. I wanted to know how I'd go about getting Kitkat on there since I know that it's made to run smoothly on devices with only 512mb RAM. I'm somewhat of a novice when it comes to rooting and custom roms, but I have seen it done on other phones before and I know a little about it but not a lot. Has anyone had any experience with getting 4.4 on the Blade 3? Could I use a previous gen's roms? Should I go ahead with CM installer even though it says it's not compatible? Any advice or previous experiences people have had would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

P.s. Sorry if this is in the wrong thread, I'm new here :)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones