• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

40+ Android Wear Voice Commands [VIDEO]

some of those no longer work. such as 'ok google play my music' only gives me a link to Google Play searches on the phone. it doesn't even load Play Music itself.

Asking for the next week's weather won't show a weekly forecast, only shows the current weather card for the current day.

Go Go Gadget doesn't work. again, defaults to a standard search. opens on phone.

a lot of commands just end with 'disconnected' with a slashed cloud icon. I've only found out a few that actually work. about 5 or so. you can send texts, open the weather card, show your steps, call people, but that's it. and, the syntax must be 100% or it will always go to a default search offering to open on the phone instead. only gripes but hoping they finish it.

the 'start [app]' command is extremely hit and miss, with no known reason. for example, I have 'Music Controller' installed on the watch, where I should be able to open it with 'OK Google, start Music Controller'. about 9 out of 10 times it defaults to a standard search, and hardly ever actually starts the app. I have not found out why it is that way. on my home wifi it works, but on a 4G LTE connection it does not.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones