• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

4G in Atlanta

Jordus

Android Enthusiast
May 5, 2010
Pretty spotty, although it does extend far outside the city (about 45 min drive out, I got a signal)

Getting around 2.8-3.5 down with 1 or so bars. I can't keep full bars long enough to get a fair test. But 3.5 with that weak of a signal is OK by me. I think it will only get better when they fill the gaps.

Im not getting any AT ALL and I live 7 miles north of midtown...75 north. Atlanta is supposed to have awesome signal. Always scanning or trying to connect to Sprint. Since I've owned the phone I've only connected once. I have not tried it at work though (in Midtown).

EDIT: I just connected to 4g here at work. Took about 20 seconds to find a signal, obtain an IP address and connect to Sprint. NO FAIR!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones