• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

eisawi99

Sep 26, 2012
Summerville,SC
do you think its possible to release an update where boost changes the frequency of the 4g wimax antenna to let it run on their LTE network? maybe we should spam them until they give us what we want... whos with me.

PS. im not sure if its possible but i think it is. they've included lte settings in the JB leaks for the sprint variant.

true it is hardware based for speed. However, i was wondering if they'd change the frequencies to pick up LTE signals at wimax speeds. LTE is more widespread than wimax, so it might be cheaper to use an existing network. For example, a radio can transmit at 45.4 am. it can also transmit at 95.6 fm it may not be as clear however it still works. so we might not get LTE speeds just better coverage. also there has been reported hidden LTE settings in the leaked builds based on Jelly Bean. However these builds are Sprint based so i may be wrong about Boost Mobile. I'd imagine that they'd give the LTE to Sprint only.

Upvote 0
I know for a fact that 2nd gen Ipod had Bluetooth hardware, but was disabled thru OS. 3rd gen ipods were rolled out with Bluetooth. finally they released update for 2nd gen which enabled the Bluetooth. don't know if this phone has LTE capability ? limited by firmware.
This has been done before.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones