• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

50% off Transcend memory cards - today only

It just came today. I'm going to put it in and format it...then copy my files over. I've never had a problem with any brand name sd card (regular, mini, or micro or any jump drives) throughout my years. I've had San Disk, Transcend, and PNY branded cards previously (I think that's it). Some of the 64 mb class 10 generic cards were tempting at 20 bucks but lots of bad reviews on that shit LOL!

And yeah...just realized today is Sunday but my wife said the usps truck pulled up and delivered it. The tracking said Sunday for delivery but I thought it was a goof up LOL. What is with that???

Upvote 0
Personally i wont buy a micro sd card unless it's SanDisk. Those things are just so temperamental and will corrupt even when ejected properly. I've had my 64gb class 10 for a year and never had issues with it. Hope it works just as well with my G3. 'Knock on' wood. Get it?

It just came today. I'm going to put it in and format it...then copy my files over. I've never had a problem with any brand name sd card (regular, mini, or micro or any jump drives) throughout my years. I've had San Disk, Transcend, and PNY branded cards previously (I think that's it). Some of the 64 mb class 10 generic cards were tempting at 20 bucks but lots of bad reviews on that shit LOL!

And yeah...just realized today is Sunday but my wife said the usps truck pulled up and delivered it. The tracking said Sunday for delivery but I thought it was a goof up LOL. What is with that???
I've never had issues with SanDisk, Transcend, Patriot, ADATA or Lexar. All these are name brands and trusted.

If anything, the bigger the storage, the more I'm afraid of them. They can tend to be a little unstable, although they may have improved now. I wouldn't want to rely solely on 64GB-128GB and think nothing will happen. That could be a bunch of pictures you can never get back. I rather get a smaller one like a 32GB, and if it fills up, I'm forced to transfer it to my computer.

Upvote 0
Sorry if this is considered hijacking the thread, but I have a question about the actual use of the SD cards.

So I have a SanDisk 32GB in the phone right now. Just used it to transfer a couple music files as a test. Now, I would like to transfer photos FROM the phone to the computer. How do I move photos onto the SD card from the phone? TIA.

Upvote 0
Sorry if this is considered hijacking the thread, but I have a question about the actual use of the SD cards.

So I have a SanDisk 32GB in the phone right now. Just used it to transfer a couple music files as a test. Now, I would like to transfer photos FROM the phone to the computer. How do I move photos onto the SD card from the phone? TIA.

Confused. What are you asking? Do you want to know how to move photos from the phone to the computer, or from the phone to the SD card?

Upvote 0
Confused. What are you asking? Do you want to know how to move photos from the phone to the computer, or from the phone to the SD card?

The answer, I guess, is yes. Move from phone to the SD card, which would in turn move them to the computer (I obviously know how to do the second step). I can't figure out how to get photos from my phone to load onto the SD card when I have it installed.

Upvote 0
The answer, I guess, is yes. Move from phone to the SD card, which would in turn move them to the computer (I obviously know how to do the second step). I can't figure out how to get photos from my phone to load onto the SD card when I have it installed.

The first time I opened the camera app after putting my card in a pop up asked me if I wanted to save photos to the phone or my card.

Upvote 0
The first time I opened the camera app after putting my card in a pop up asked me if I wanted to save photos to the phone or my card.

I saw that popup...but I guess my question is what if I only want to take SOME of my photos over to a computer? Can I not select photos to put on to the card at a later date? If not, that's a bummer.

Upvote 0
I saw that popup...but I guess my question is what if I only want to take SOME of my photos over to a computer? Can I not select photos to put on to the card at a later date? If not, that's a bummer.

Of course you can. You can do this on the phone or by hooking your phone to your computer via usb.

I use ES File Explorer and have attached some screenshots. I have the two directories highlighted where photos would be stored (internal versus external sd card). The second screenshot shows that you can use a file explorer to move or copy files from internal to external storage. I don't know why you would want to do this but you can (I would think you would just move from either internal or external storage to a computer).

Attachments

• 1407295447272.jpg
    1407295447272.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 78
  • 1407295460473.jpg
    1407295460473.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 61
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones