• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

5g Ethernet tether to wireless router create home network

I have a 5g Moto Edge 20 Pro running Android 11. It has ethernet tethering option. I'd like to provide a wireless router with internet from my 5g moto via usb c to ethernet adapter to wireless router - belkin has one for £30 that I can also charge my Moto at same time. I want to provide internet to a wireless router to use on 2 devices one desktop using ethernet cable and sometimes a laptop as well wirelessly like a home network and basically turn my 5g Moto to a cable modem from my 5g plan it has over 300 Mbps in the area I'm in. I have unlimited data tethering included available and no throttling on my plan. I'm positive it should work as with the Android 11 you can provide internet with ethernet tethering. I couldn't find anything online about this. Please let me know if this is possible.

After careful consideration I've decided to get the gl inet beryl from Amazon. It's a travel router I provide the 5g data from my phone with usb tethering instead and I can plug in two devices with RJ 45 cable. This company I'm about to work for is sending a desktop and only wants an RJ 45 connection. I could have just ethernet it over straight from phone but in case I have to update any settings on an actual router I wouldn't be able to do that with just straight ethernet tethering connect from phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones