• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [8-1-2010] SS 4.6 - MASSIVE Changes - Statusbar Customization - CPU Temps + more!

Poll closed due to new release for this ROM

• 5 Star ROM Rating: Elite

Votes: 19 61.3%
  • 4 Star ROM Rating: Outstanding

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • 3 Star ROM Rating: Average

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • 2 Star ROM Rating: Not Ready for Primetime

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • 1 Star ROM Rating: Not Usable

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters
Given my poor luck with ROMs lately - I am going to have a hard time switching and reviewing another ROM after SS 4.6...
I want to use it for at least a day, beginning this morning. I am just screwing around with kernels for now (my replacement phone no likey any LV, but I keep trying :) )

Review coming shortly and it will be thorough.

Upvote 0
I love everything about this rom besides the redraw issues i keep having with the launcher. I stayed away from launcher pro and adw this time because i had even worse redraw issues with those on bugless the last rom i was running.I want to stick with this rom so bad, i wish there was a cure.anyone out therte with a suggestion i would love to hear it, thanks

Upvote 0
Seems that the battery indicator is also incorrect on this rom. I just double checked but in this rom the battery indicator is about 20% less than my other roms. Meaning when I went to install this rom my battery was @ 80%, after the install it was 60%, uninstall and went back to my original rom and the batt was back to 80%

Upvote 0
Seems that the battery indicator is also incorrect on this rom. I just double checked but in this rom the battery indicator is about 20% less than my other roms. Meaning when I went to install this rom my battery was @ 80%, after the install it was 60%, uninstall and went back to my original rom and the batt was back to 80%

Not sure why you would see this - nobody else has mentioned having this issue ... did you go into spare parts and verify what it was reading?

Upvote 0
I just rooted my phone today and this is the first custom ROM I installed. I like it a LOT
so far. I don't think I will need to try anything else as this ROM looks absolutely fantastic.

I haven't had any problems that I can see (I'm restoring apps and settings via TB right now), but will let you know if I do.

Upvote 0
would love to go back to running chevy mods but after i downloaded the 4.6 i tried to change the banner to verizon wireless couldnt do it got stuck in a boot loop had to pull battery finally went to jrummy lithium mod.. really wanted 4.6 to show verizon wireless so i could of used my nfl app.. anybody know of a way to fix this issue?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones