• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 802.1 EPA secured wifi wont connect !

ISAEFF

Lurker
Aug 27, 2015
Hello everybody !
I can not login to work Wi Fi which is protected with EAP 802.1 security.
It says authentication problem.
There is no problems with other phones and devices. I can use my home wifi without problems.
In my opinion it's the note 5 problem. Any suggestion or help is needed.
Please whoever experienced that kind of issue share here.
Thanks

Last edited:
Hello everybody !
I can not login to work Wi Fi which is protected with EAP 802.1 security.
It says authentication problem.
There is no problems with other phones and devices. I can use my home wifi without problems.
In my opinion it's the note 5 problem. Any suggestion or help is needed.
Please whoever experienced that kind of issue share here.
Thanks

When I paired w/my work WI-FI,I had to open Advanced Settings & select MSCHAP or MSCHAP V2.
I return to work Friday,I'll check the exact settings once I'm there & will get back w/you then.

Reactions: ISAEFF
Upvote 0
OK,here's what I have to do to sign in:
vPJqWf8l.png

When I select the WI-FI @ my work,this is what I get.
The 1st line,I leave alone,to what is shown (EAP method > PEAP).
The 2nd line I had to change to what is shown. (Phase2 Authentication > MSCHAPV2)
From there,just scroll down & use your log-in credentials (in my case,it's the same as the work computer/email log-in,YMMV).
Not sure if this helps your situation,perhaps a variation on either/both of the two options will allow for you to log-in.

Just throwing this out there,as s*** does indeed happen,even on the best of days:
A co-worker had his work e-mail listed in the wrong sub-group (student & faculty) so,when he tried to log-in on the WI-FI for admin,it was a no-go.
Check w/your IT dept if you continue to have issues logging-in & please keep us posted on your progress.

Reactions: ISAEFF and mikedt
Upvote 0
In last two weeks I've tried all options and escalated to our it departmnet but nobody couldn't resolve the issue. I will try to work with it guy tomorrow and see if we have any issues with credentials, the other thing is that - with any other device like iphone, lgphone, galaxy s6 is working fine only the note 5 wont connect.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones