• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

JamesFoster

May 16, 2010
Can anyone confirm the Desire has the same Broadcom a/b/g/n chipset as the Nexus One?
If so I will ask HTC to include the firmware to enable a/n in a future software update. 802.11n is really useful in this weather for browsing in the garden because of the range and speed.

It appears to can deliver a and n. Good news. Maybe HTC agreed to not enable it for 6 months or something to make the N1 look better (on paper).
In fact the other day I rooted my Desire and then installed DeFrost 1.8.
[ROM-FroYo] DeFroST 1.8 (04-07-2010 | FRF91 | Camcorder 800x480| Youtube ok | A2SD+) - xda-developers

But I really missed Sense. Plain Android is very bland (although I like the music app). No wonder Google are now focused on improving the UI with Gingerbread.
Anyway I had a and n for a few hours. I then installed the 1.21.45.2 RUU and its like brand new.
Hopefully HTC will sort this out.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones