• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help A big bad problem!

Fatality

Lurker
Mar 2, 2014
I was backing up my rom using rom manager. It then rebooted phone into cwm and started the backup. After the backup was finished it rebooted again. Now i cant get past cwm into my android. Why? Can anyone help me? It boots only to cwm and not android

Update: I tried restoring my backup from cwm. but it shows md5 mismatch error. How can i solve this? Please help me i dont want a new rom or anything just be able to boot up into my phone like before!
Thanks

Have you tried the following from CWM:

1) Clear cache and dalvik. Won't do any harm, may help if something has been corrupted.

2) Restore the backup.

Now I don't know this phone at all, so you should take any of my suggestions with a little caution for that reason. But one one device I used to own CWM sometimes messed the system up the first time you made a backup, and the fix was to restore the backup. May be something entirely different here, and if someone who knows this phone has a suggestion follow that, but this may be worth trying if nothing better, or if you reach the point of flashing a new ROM instead.

Upvote 0
Have you tried the following from CWM:

1) Clear cache and dalvik. Won't do any harm, may help if something has been corrupted.

2) Restore the backup.

Now I don't know this phone at all, so you should take any of my suggestions with a little caution for that reason. But one one device I used to own CWM sometimes messed the system up the first time you made a backup, and the fix was to restore the backup. May be something entirely different here, and if someone who knows this phone has a suggestion follow that, but this may be worth trying if nothing better, or if you reach the point of flashing a new ROM instead.
Thanks for answering. I cleared the cache but get the same md5 error while restoring my backup.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones