• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help A couple questions about Copy & Paste and Google voice

GlassJoe

Nov 30, 2009
- First I want to ask about Copy & Paste. My problem is when I'm trying to copy something that is larger than the screen. Is there a way to make the screen scroll while you are copying something?

- Second can someone, in the most basic way possible, tell me what the hell Google voice is used for? What exactly is the benefit of using it as opposed to just using the cell number?

Google Voice:

You get one number that can forward to a number of other numbers. For example you give someone your GV number, they call it, you can set GV to ring your mobile phone, office phone, and home phone at the same time or in a certain order. This is also call screening and voicemail included. Your GV number also supports text messages. In addition if you go to GV you can initiate a call to anywhere in the US. GV will call your specified number (mobile, work, home, etc...) and then it will connect you to your destination call making the long distance call free.

Basically it is one number that never changes. You give out your GV number and keep your other numbers private. If one of your private numbers ever change you update GV and your contacts never have to update their records.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones