• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A few questions before I decide wether to get a G1

herr_tichy

Lurker
Apr 5, 2009
Hello Forum,

I like the G1, however, before I get myself one of those (student! have to actually think a bit before spending...), I have to clear a few points up:

a) Can I keep multiple WiFi settings? (e.g. my place, gf's place, university...)

b) Does the WiFi support WPA(2) Enterprise using .p12-certificates? (that would be neccessary to access wlan at the campus) Has anybody got that running, preferably in an eduroam environment? ( Eduroam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia )

c) Is it possible to set a WLAN-connnection to be used automatically as soon as it is in range (so I don't hit my montly bandwidth cap too quickly which would be 1GB on 3G)?

d) Is there decent IMAP support by now? I've only read complaints about that, so far.

a)yes you can keep multiple wifi connections.

b)im not sure about that, maybe another Android user could help, but i assume it would.

c)yes, you have to leave wifi on, some users would say it kills your battery (not this user)

d)yet again cant help you as i am not very good with all the technical stuff.

e)from a non-tmo user before the G1, i'd say Android is the best thing out there. plain and simple. hands down.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones