• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A few questions

I think.. right now.. the Hero is a better phone. The only advantages I'll give the Moment is the proximity sensor, and maybe the physical keyboard for those that absolutely need it, but the Hero's on-screen keyboard is very very good.

I have a Hero, which is my everyday phone.. and a Moment sitting here on my desk as well.. not activated.

Maybe Android 2.1 will change things, but the HTC is better right now, by a large margin (to me).

Upvote 0
It all depends on what you need. If you can't handle the virtual keyboard on the Hero (albeit a very good virtual keyboard), then the Moment is the better phone for you. If you can't live with bugs, bugs, and more bugs, then apparently the Hero is the better phone for you. It's entirely personal preference, and no one can tell you which will be better for you.

Upvote 0
At this point, I'm using Swype more than the hardware keyboard, and I feel almost as though the Hero would be the fix-all right now. I still feel I should wait it out and see 2.1 is ever actually released for either of these 2 phones. If the Evo is out before then, then I'm going to just say screw it and get the beast. If it's exactly the same size as the HD2, though, that may be something to think about; the HD2 is almost too big to be a normal phone.

Upvote 0
At this point, I'm using Swype more than the hardware keyboard, and I feel almost as though the Hero would be the fix-all right now. I still feel I should wait it out and see 2.1 is ever actually released for either of these 2 phones. If the Evo is out before then, then I'm going to just say screw it and get the beast. If it's exactly the same size as the HD2, though, that may be something to think about; the HD2 is almost too big to be a normal phone.

I agree. I'd wait until 2.1 comes out to see what kind of fixes (or problems) it provides the Moment and Hero.

I also agree that the Evo might be just a wee bit TOO big to be a practical phone, but I'm still planning on getting the thing (finances permitting) come October.

Upvote 0
So overall, as of right now, you guys feel the Hero is a little bit better than the Moment?

-edit-
For now, I'm putting off looking at getting a Hero. The issues of the Moment make me borderline hate it, making me want the Hero. I'll wait to see if 2.1 comes out first, then if it does, see if it fixes the predominant issues with this phone making it unusable several times a day.

Go with the Hero. Unless you need a physical keyboard. I have no issues with my virtual keyboard. I screw up a word or two every once in a while but overall I have gotten used to the "feel" of the keyboard. Great phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones