• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A little online chat with the Verizon reps

Birdman2004

Jul 6, 2010
Georgia
I've chatted with one of the reps online today, wondering about my upgrade eligibility. (Patiently waiting on the DROID X! :rolleyes:) Every time I talk to one of these reps, they always have something different to say regarding my upgrades! :mad: So who knows! But, I did get one mystery solved. The reps are real people.... I guess :thinking:. Just wanted to share my chat with you guys as my first post in the forums. Hope to get my Droid X on release date and find some cool apps, with help from you all! :D

Please wait for a site operator to respond.

You are now chatting with 'Colisia'

Colisia: Good Morning! Thank you for visiting our chat service. May I have your mobile number and name please?

Chris: are you a robot?

Colisia: I would be happy to help you today. Please allow me a moment to access your account.

Chris: Colisia is too nice of a name for a robot.

Colisia: I do understand that you are inquiring about your account. Chris,First, for security purposes, may I please have the last four digits of the Account Owner's Social Security Number on the account and full name?

Chris: wow you can type fast

Colisia: Thank you! You are correct, I am not a robot but a real, living, breathing person.

Chris: ha great

Colisia: Great, yes, that is correct. Thank you so much for verifying that information.

Colisia: How may I assist you today?

Chris: my question is concerning my upgrade eligibility

Chris: When the Droid X is released on the 15th of July, will I be able to purchase it for the $199 price?

Colisia: I am really not for sure of the amount that the phone will be. But Once the phone is released, the online will give you the correct upgrade price for the phone.

Chris: ah i see

Chris: can you check my account and verify that i can upgrade to the Droid X when it is released, regardless of the price?

Colisia: Sure. One moment please.

Chris: Thanks colisia.

Colisia: The upgrade date on the account is not until 02/24/2012. But you can order the phone at retail pricing anytime before that date.

Chris: best robot a guy could ask for.

Chris: ah ok

Colisia: Thank you!

Chris: wait...

Colisia: Sure.

Chris: i thought that you said you weren't a robot?

Colisia: That is correct! I am not, but I thought you being a little funny.

Chris: Do you know R2D2?

Chris: haha i am Colisia! just yanking your chain...or power chord.

Chris: so i dont have an upgrade available in october?

Colisia: Okay. That is correct!

Chris: i cant use that upgrade to get the Droid X?

Chris: I thought that Verizon was allowing its customers to upgrade to the Droid X on the 15th if the customer has a upgrade available anytime in 2010?

Colisia: I am sorry, I am not certain of that information. I will be happy to provide the number to Customer Care for more information on that promotion.

Chris: no, thats ok. i wouldn't want to overload your circuits or anything

Chris: are you upgrading to the droid x on the 15th?

Colisia: No, not eligible to upgrade. I have the Palm Pixi.

Chris: wow

Chris: i sure hope you're not working in a sweat shop.

Chris: You're an okay dude in my book.

Chris: anyways, i think that answers all of my questions

Colisia: Awesome! there anything else I can assist you with today?

Chris: whats 4 divided by 2?

Colisia: Okay. The answer is 2, but is there something else I can assist you with regarding Verizon Wireless?

Chris: WOW! You are real!

Chris: no thats it. thanks for the real help, real guy Colisia.

Chris: :)

Chris: Have a real great day :)

Colisia: I am glad I was able to assist you with resolving your issues today, you were amazing. Thank you for chatting with us today. I look forward to chatting with you again. Please click close when ending this chat. Thank you, Have an outstanding day!!!

Chris: i was amazing?! wow, you should be a motivational speaker.

Chris: i think this chat just changed my entire outlook on life.

Chris: Colisia FTW.

Colisia: You are welcome! You have a good day!!!!

Chris: do you have to stay connected until I exit?

Colisia: Only for so long, then I will end the chat.

Chris: can i speak with your manager?

Chris: I would like to recommend you for an outstanding pay raise as well as a promotion

Colisia: There is a survey at the end of the chat. Once you end the chat it will load. All surveys are reviewed. Please enter all information there.

Chris: great. great.

Chris: will do and thanks again. wait a minute...it just occurred to me... are you a female?

Chris: Colisia? is that a woman's name?

Colisia: That is correct!

Chris: wow. I'm incredibly embarrassed now! I've been calling you a guy this whole time.

Chris: what a moron i am!

Colisia: No, that is okay.

Chris: Are you married?

Chris: speaking of surveys, on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the best, how would you rate our conversation today?

Colisia: I am sorry, I am unable to answer none Verizon related information. Is there anything else I can do for you regarding Verizon?

Chris: yes

Chris: Is the iphone really coming to Verizon, Colisia?

Colisia: At this time, we have not be informed. But if it does, the introduction of the phone will load online.

Chris: mmmm i see

Chris: well, i hope that you had a great fourth of july weekend and good luck with that promotion!

Chris: You are in the USA, right?

Colisia: That is correct!

Chris: alright!

Chris: thats all i needed to know for now

Chris: It was real, it was fun....but it wasn't real fun.

Reactions: Member 182715
Nice...

A bit of insider info, as I used to do chat support (though I had more leniency on what I could say). The chat software used has multiple "pre-defined" items for us to use. In our case, we could make our own (allowing us to make it more personal).

This is from memory, but here is a chat I had once...

Me : Hello, how can I help you today? (This was hit about half a second after I picked up the chat).

User : Are you a real person? or a computer?

Me : I would like to think I am a real person, yes.

User : Are you sure you are not a computer? You typed very quickly after my chat was picked up.

Me : No, I am a real person, how can I help you?

User : I am still not sure. You seem like a robot.

Me : What can I do to alleviate your concerns? I am a real person. My name is even used.

User : This is weird. I'm going to leave now. Do you have a 1-800 number to call?

Me : I am sorry, but due to limited resources and funding, we have chat or email support only, as we are a non-profit organization.

User : If you are real, why can't I just call. This doesn't seem safe.

Me : We are safe and follow -------- government guidelines regarding user information. Please see (link here).

User : You guys are a sham just out to get my info...I'm out of here...

**User Disconnected**

While I am not at liberty to say who I worked for, we where a non profit providing a FREE service to the public.

The hilarious ones where where we would get hit on by lonely people. "Where are you based?". I (or coworkers) would tell them. "Oh, me too...Are you single? Would you like to go out for drinks?"...LOL...Creepy..

Just thought I would share the other side of the coin... :D

Reactions: Birdman2004
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones