• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A lot of people having google play music issues?

vajaynaa

Lurker
Jun 3, 2013
Well, I'm having some problems too .-.
I apologize if someone has already posted about these problems, but yeah... I don't have the delete option when I hit the menu button on songs anymore and there are just a few songs i wanna delete soo... if anyone could help me out with that then that would be nice and make me happy :3

This was an issue with the initial 5.0.1027J release of the latest version of Play Music. It was fixed in 5.0.1041J.

I had problems persuading Play to install the 5.0.1041J version even though I could see it as the latest version in the dtetails. I had to wait until I got a notification that it was available before it worked. Maybe something to do with Google staggering the release across geographical locations, I don't know.

Once you get the correct release (go to Settings .. Apps and select Play Music to check your version), then it also took a bit of messing around to get the delete option to appear. I think what worked was clicking on the pin icon in the album. The delete option also only seems to appear in the track menu when you're in album view.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones