• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A Music Player that Sorts by Disc?

jolt459

Lurker
Jul 18, 2010
Is there an app out there that can sort by disc? That's all I am asking for. It's pretty ridiculous that the default Android music player doesn't do this. I've tried the popular free ones such as MixZing and Meridian; these players can't sort by disc either! This seems like a pretty basic feature for any music player, and for a phone that is supposed to beat the iPhone, it's pretty ridiculous. And don't tell me to make a playlist or change the album title. I just want a media player that doesn't suck.

Thanks to anybody who is willing to recommend a decent player. Sorry if I come off a bit angry or unfriendly (this is my first post), but I'm just a little irritated that all my multi-disc albums aren't organized correctly.

EDIT: This didn't really go in the right forum. I'm sorry about that. If I could I would move it, perhaps a mod is willing to help?

I thought the mangled mess that the default music player shows when sorting by album was fairly ridiculous as well.

Fortunately, the doubletwist player seems to display by album correctly. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find a shuffle setting in doubletwist. :(

So for now, when I want to listen to an album, I play through doubletwist, if I want to shuffle, I hit the default player.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones