• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A way to turn off face recognition when adding a contact photo?

Is there a way to stop the eris from locking on to faces when adding a contact?

I have a picture I want to use as a contact that was taken with an Andy Warhol effect ala Marilyn Monroe, but the Eris keeps putting 4 boxes around the pictures and wanting me to choose one. Any way around this?

Isn't that a sizing/clipping box?

The only thing the Eris enforces with that is aspect ratio - touch the corner of the box and push it to zoom in or out, or touch the middle of the box to drag it around.

If your original image does not have the same aspect ratio, you won't be able to zoom out to include the entire image.

eu1

[ Edit ] Holy Crap, it does do facial recognition!. Just tried it on an image with multiple faces. Wow, learn something new every day on this board. But, my initial comments still stand - just select any one of the boxes, and then resize it to whatever you want.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones