• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help aac broken in Froyo?

Hook

Ever since DU... ;-)
Mar 17, 2010
Northern VA, USA
I don't use aac audio format much, but discovered that this codec is not supported in 2.2 on my Nexus One. I found some obscure references on the web to switching to a new audio framework called "stagefright", but I can't find much out about this. I wouldn't have known about it myself if someone I know with a Nexus One hadn't run into it.

Anyone have a line on this? :thinking:

Upvote 0
I counted on support for HE-AAC+ when I transcoded several dozen Gb of my 192kbps MP3s to under 6Gb of 32kbps HE-AAC+ when I was back on Android 2.1 on my N1.

Well, there are two bug reports tracking the problem.

Issue 9322 - android - AAC support in 2.2 Froyo - Project Hosting on Google Code
Issue 9308 - android - eaac+ and aac+ decoding sound quality problems (Android 2.2) - Project Hosting on Google Code

I'm no hardcore coder, so I'll have to be patient and listen to low-quality audio until a fix is issued.

Reactions: WarMace and Hook
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones