• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help About to chuck phone in trash- missed call problems

2strokenut

Feb 22, 2011
This is my second Evo and both are having this problem and its really hurting my business. I am fed up. Here is what happens:

1.) I have an unknown call (potential client) call me.
2.) I get another unknown call, read- another potential client, during the first unknown call.
3.) after speaking with 1st potential client I hang up to call back the missed call I just received.
4.) when I go into call log it shows the both my first call and missed second call as THE SAME NUMBER.

WTF

This doesn't happen every single time but it happens enough that its taking some business away and making me look unprofessional. What the hell is going on? This happens with multiple contact apps and multiple roms SENSE/AOSP doesn't matter.

Please help! Thanks

It could be the carrier but I have not heard of any other complaint similar. Its pretty aggravating.

Are the callers calling from dedicated residential or mobile lines or from offices that use one outgoing trunk line?

When I make a call from my office sometimes the generic trunk number comes up on the caller id, which inturn, is listed as the same number for several coworkers.

Just a thought.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones