• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Absolute MAXIMUM baseline battery time for future reference

So I have my 3 month old N4 waiting to be activated until I can sell my Spirit.

I've played with it a bit on WiFi, got everything set up like I like.

Did a full charge, again, no service and only 29 minutes of screen time. It was only connected to the WiFi a couple times over the period.

2 Days, 13 hrs. for a total of 61 hrs down to 15%.

If Anyone tells you they're getting More battery time than that in any kind of real use situation...

They're Lyin'!

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

So I have my 3 month old N4 waiting to be activated until I can sell my Spirit.

I've played with it a bit on WiFi, got everything set up like I like.

Did a full charge, again, no service and only 29 minutes of screen time. It was only connected to the WiFi a couple times over the period.

2 Days, 13 hrs. for a total of 61 hrs down to 15%.

If Anyone tells you they're getting More battery time than that in any kind of real use situation...

They're Lyin'!

Bruce in Ocala, Fl
hmm looking at my phone right now I am at 3% 1 day 14 hours 40 mins with 6 and 1/2 hours screen on time.:p

Screenshot_2014-01-11-22-45-53.png

Screenshot_2014-01-11-22-46-06.png

Upvote 0
As a matter of practice you should not let your battery get below 15%. It stresses it, reducing lifespan.

I have let a brand new phone get to 7-10% but just for the first few days while the charging system is calibrating.

Most phones will actually turn themselves off around 5% because it's REALLY Not Good for our batteries to get all the way to 0.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Upvote 0
As a matter of practice you should not let your battery get below 15%. It stresses it, reducing lifespan.

I have let a brand new phone get to 7-10% but just for the first few days while the charging system is calibrating.

Most phones will actually turn themselves off around 5% because it's REALLY Not Good for our batteries to get all the way to 0.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl
i forced it down this time every 4-6 months let it go to 0

Upvote 0
I use my phone for a few calls daily, and a few texts daily. I use data maybe 5 to 10 minutes daily, but I'm mostly at home or at work so I have tablets and computers on hand. I keep wifi, data, and BT off unless they're needed. I don't use a FB app, but I do use Instagram.

Here is my average battery life and I'm not lyin'!

Screenshot_battery_4-4.jpg

Upvote 0
Yup as a "text and talk" phone (no data and attempted background sync switched off) in a decent signal strength area I get around 0.5%/hr battery loss (over night), which would have it last 200hrs in principle if that state lasted all day too. So with little use your numbers are quite believable :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones